Yes!!!!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Good point. What about the '78 cup final, there were some nasty challenges there too...

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I had an idea for quite some time: They should have one additional assistant ref behind each of the goals. They would be able to see all the stuff that is going on that the main ref can't see because he is looking from behind...It would stop the shirt pulling, the diving and all the other stuff that is going on. I am not sure how much it costs to have two more refs, but surely the clubs would be happy to pay the extra few hundred quid a game just to make sure they get a good deal.

And the beauty of it is that you could use older refs who can't do normal duty (because of age), but who have vast experience. They only would have to run around behind the goal area, so won't be too tiring.

The minute you do this, you'd stop 50% of problems....I am not sure Blatter or the FA read this, but if they do remember to give me credit for this!!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
BGonaSTICK said:
Good point. What about the '78 cup final, there were some nasty challenges there too...

Hmm, "lowest form of" and all that. ;)

But, should someone get away with a cynical or dangerous foul, just because the on pitch referee doesn't see it during the match?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I think that if that sort of malicious foul takes place on the pitch, then the video should go to the old bill as opposed to a bunch of pen-pushers.

Trouble with all of these 'extra' refereeing/video-ref measures is that it creates such a large grey area in itself, loads of bureaucracy, and could well be open to even more abuse. Every player could have his own lawyer on the touchline! Of course, it would also spoil the flow of the game :) .

For all its faults, I think football should be run by a strong ref who clamps down on all the cheating AFAP, and only in cases of violent or malicious behaviour should the talking go on after the final whistle.

I was being flippant before, but where would you draw the line? We could have a Rio-ban-drawn-out-type-nonsense every week.

More jobs for the hangers-on!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
*&$%^&#$%^@#^2561 !!!!!!

What a bummer.....Ah well, it is going to be this sort of season. Best possible result now: Chelsea win PL, ManU Cup and Championsleague :-)

I almost forgot: And the ref gave all the deceisions against us, especially the important ones. Rios offence was clearly outside the penalty area, Heinze was constantly fouled, Ronaldo was kicked of the field, these were cynical fouls. And Yakubu is a cheat, he used Silvesters deflection to score a goal, we all know about him.

Well done Pompey, just remember to do the same to the Arse :D

P,S Now I am going to have to pour some Heinze Ketchup on 'Arry?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
T_G said:
*&$%^&#$%^@#^2561 !!!!!!

What a bummer.....Ah well, it is going to be this sort of season. Best possible result now: Chelsea win PL, ManU Cup and Championsleague :-)

Sorry TG, Chelsea to win Premiership, Champions league &FA cup,we will leave the League cup for you.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
john_graydon said:
Sorry TG, Chelsea to win Premiership, Champions league &FA cup,we will leave the League cup for you.

Don't be greedy! Make sure you get at least one trophy to start with

J.M.OUTTEN

Reaction score
Theres an old saying, cheats never prosper.
No doubt the barmans friend, Al (hic) Ferguson, will be drowning
his sorrows tonight.
QUOTE=T_G]*&$%^&#$%^@#^2561 !!!!!!

I almost forgot: And the ref gave all the deceisions against us, especially the important ones. Rios offence was clearly outside the penalty area, Heinze was constantly fouled, Ronaldo was kicked of the field, these were cynical fouls. And Yakubu is a cheat, he used Silvesters deflection to score a goal, we all know about him.

Well done Pompey, just remember to do the same to the Arse :D

P,S Now I am going to have to pour some Heinze Ketchup on 'Arry?[/QUOTE]

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
T_G said:
Don't be greedy! Make sure you get at least one trophy to start with

Well I think if Chelsea get their finger out they might win the 4. Their so boring lately. bring back Ranieri Lol at the moment but im sure I will be crying soon. Just looks like Liverpool will walk all over blackburn. Just gone 1 up and Baros just missed out. Maybe Liverpool will be in the running this year 2 games in hand, if they win them maybe they will get a bit of confidence. Cant wait for Arsenal V Chelsea game.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I reckon Fegie got his players to focus too much on Arsenal because it's the only game in which the manure players have really tried this season as the result today proves. It's a bit like England/Scotland games because Scotland would rather beat England than win the world cup.

Anyway the FA (who do FA) will be looking forward to the Manure dossier on what went on in the tunnel area last week. A nice touch by the purple-faced one to deflect any criticism that might come his way over his tactics. Like the chuckle brothers kicking Reyes off the pitch (both booked for tackles from behind) on him. The ref missing the other tackle from behind by chuckle1 which would have got him sent off. The ref also giving a penalty for no contact as well as missing a shoulder to back challenge by Rio who was the last man and, of course, the officials missing the horse face foul on Cole.

Manure were a great team once but have been brought down to a street fighting level by Fergie which is why he will be replaced at the end of the season.

Alan Pee

Reaction score
jimbo said:
I reckon Fegie got his players to focus too much on Arsenal because it's the only game in which the manure players have really tried this season as the result today proves. It's a bit like England/Scotland games because Scotland would rather beat England than win the world cup.

Anyway the FA (who do FA) will be looking forward to the Manure dossier on what went on in the tunnel area last week. A nice touch by the purple-faced one to deflect any criticism that might come his way over his tactics. Like the chuckle brothers kicking Reyes off the pitch (both booked for tackles from behind) on him. The ref missing the other tackle from behind by chuckle1 which would have got him sent off. The ref also giving a penalty for no contact as well as missing a shoulder to back challenge by Rio who was the last man and, of course, the officials missing the horse face foul on Cole.

Manure were a great team once but have been brought down to a street fighting level by Fergie which is why he will be replaced at the end of the season.
Nice one Jimbo. Such an objective piece you have just posted.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
fergie replaced at end of season hahahaha... yea right

unlike other clubs who swap and change there managers at the drop of a hat, the people who matter at OT actually talk about things. the board know that the team is being rebuilt and is in transition.
They know, like i know, that things will be back to normal soon enough. fergie is buying young players (at a cost i know) and bringing a few youngsters through the ranks. It will take a little time and but all you ManU haters will soon be fed up again.

i know your all hoping united will do a liverpool and fade away

we all know they are playing crap at the moment....... enjoy it while it last.

cos it wont be long ;)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
RedDevil_UK said:
It will take a little time and but all you ManU haters will soon be fed up again.

i know your all hoping united will do a liverpool and fade away

we all know they are playing crap at the moment....... enjoy it while it last.

cos it wont be long ;)
As a staunch and long-standing Watford supporter I suppose I should be neutral but, as a North Londoner, and having a gooner wife I tend to side with Arsenal. I'm in no way a Man U hater but I just cannot stand Feguson. No denying he has been successful but I don't think he's anyway a half decent person.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
if he was to leave man united for Watford, you would be gutted then?

no i thought not.

having met Sir Alex Ferguson and having the pleasure of his company while chatting and drinking with him and his wife, i can honestly say he IS a nice person, nothing like the person the media potray.

PS. i have a 16 year old foster son originally from Kingsbury north london :) and yes he also supports Arsenal too. makes Man U and arsenal games more interesting. and my other 2 boys are United through and through lol

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
RedDevil_UK said:
having met Sir Alex Ferguson and having the pleasure of his company while chatting and drinking with him and his wife, i can honestly say he IS a nice person, nothing like the person the media potray.

Nice one RD! Next time you see him buy him a drink for me, will ya?

And regarding the game against Sparta: YESSSSSSS!!!
Enjoyed that one!!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
RedDevil_UK said:
if he was to leave man united for Watford, you would be gutted then?

no i thought not.

PS. i have a 16 year old foster son originally from Kingsbury north london :) and yes he also supports Arsenal too. makes Man U and arsenal games more interesting. and my other 2 boys are United through and through lol
One season of the dream team....(Vialli/Wilkins) was more than enough for me so wouldn't want another high-profile manager to almost bankrupt the club. :eek:

Glad Fergie was nice to you....probably you're hair was already dry. :rolleyes:

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
jimbo said:
Glad Fergie was nice to you....probably you're hair was already dry. :rolleyes:

He could open up a hairdresser when he retires, saves on electricity. All he needs is a packet of chewing gum, show him a picture of Arsewhinger and 5 minutes later you got a perm O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
T_G said:
He could open up a hairdresser when he retires, saves on electricity. All he needs is a packet of chewing gum, show him a picture of Arsewhinger and 5 minutes later you got a perm O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha
ROFLOL ....:D

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ohhh yes yesyes the little ones are also doing the business.
Dodgy keepers both sides though, Tim Howards kicking was almost as bad as mine.
So Arsenal might be the best team ever of all times, but they can't beat us...

king09

Reaction score
why dont you just shut it .palace made arsenal look like a div1 side and we will get man u as well

and we will be glade all over baby