Yes!!!!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A long way to go yet T_G ;)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
I don't care!!! Haven't had so much fun in ages!

J.M.OUTTEN

Reaction score
T_G said:
I don't care!!! Haven't had so much fun in ages!

Theres an old saying, cheats never prosper!
Jam for brains Ferdinand pushed Lundberg to the gound and
Hit man Van raked Cole and
The barmans friend Al (hic) Ferguson complains about Arsenal players.

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
J.M.OUTTEN said:
Theres an old saying, cheats never prosper!
Jam for brains Ferdinand pushed Lundberg to the gound and
Hit man Van raked Cole and
The barmans friend Al (hic) Ferguson complains about Arsenal players.

i have to agree with you there j.m. outten. although the rooney penalty never was, they should have had one for the cole tackle on ronaldo. its getting to a stage where the 3rd ref should be used, if only to make it fairer and more entertaining for the unbiased football viewers. its no good watching cheating on any scale, but nearly every game i watch someone`s diving or dropping like a stone. the look on rooneys face when he realised he´d got the penalty was shameful.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rob43 said:
i have to agree with you there j.m. outten. although the rooney penalty never was, they should have had one for the cole tackle on ronaldo. its getting to a stage where the 3rd ref should be used, if only to make it fairer and more entertaining for the unbiased football viewers. its no good watching cheating on any scale, but nearly every game i watch someone`s diving or dropping like a stone. the look on rooneys face when he realised he´d got the penalty was shameful.

Again: I dont care!!!!!!! The more they whinge, the happier I am. Just take the defeat the same way you took all those victories when things went your way. Actually, keep on whingeing, it prolongs the joy I am feeling!! A team full of divers should not complain about a penalty or not in any case, just got a bit of your own medicine. Great stuff!!!!!!

Alan Pee

Reaction score
T_G said:
Again: I dont care!!!!!!! The more they whinge, the happier I am. Just take the defeat the same way you took all those victories when things went your way. Actually, keep on whingeing, it prolongs the joy I am feeling!! A team full of divers should not complain about a penalty or not in any case, just got a bit of your own medicine. Great stuff!!!!!!
Are you sure you are really happy TG? I don't think so. You are just saying this at the forum. I know that at the back of you mind you are asking yourself the questions; was this a deserved victory? Where will this take us performance take us with all the dominance and ball possesion by Arsenal. Its a big shame for English football and the premiership in particular that referees could still at this age rob teams of victory so glaringly. It kills the game and we are supposed to be the 'home of football'.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
What goes around comes around.

I hate it as much as the next man, along with shirt pulling, spitting, crowd taunting, claiming throws/corners when players know better, ushering balls out of play by 'obstructing' the opposition and trying to have your opponent 'carded'.

All the Premiership/Championship sides do it.

Get used to it. It's only going to get worse.

The only 'real' penalties of the weekend's half dozen were Eider's and Shearer's!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Alan Pee said:
Are you sure you are really happy TG? I don't think so. You are just saying this at the forum. I know that at the back of you mind you are asking yourself the questions; was this a deserved victory? Where will this take us performance take us with all the dominance and ball possesion by Arsenal. Its a big shame for English football and the premiership in particular that referees could still at this age rob teams of victory so glaringly. It kills the game and we are supposed to be the 'home of football'.

@Alan: I am sure man, I haven't had such a good time since the last title or the win over Munich... O-Ha O-Ha
The posession was not that much dominated by the arsenil, but if you follow many ManU games against very strong teams it is sometimes like this. We win without having all the posession.
Regarding refs "robbing" games, it evens out. As if it never went the other way. How could the ref work on this game when every time 4 arses surround him. Of course, Manu players used to do it, but they stopped some seasons ago after it became too much(Ferdinand needs to be calmed down about this though). The difference between Ferguson and Whinger is that Ferguson does deal with these things....
The win was well deserved, it was a hard game and other than the result, the arsenil dished out as much as they received. Anyone claiming otherwise is either a blind arsnil fan or just blind. Yes they were kicked, but then the arsenil are never been timid, have they? Cole, Vierra, Keown and even bergkamp have in the past shown to have a nasty streak, not to talk about the members of the syncronised diving team employed by them over the last 10 years. So don't talk about Rooney and Ruud. When you see the expression of henry after he kicked someone in the head "accidently", it reminds me of kindergarden stuff. Instead of me having to worry about the state of my club, I laugh about the hypocrisy of them. They might be good on the ball, but they haven't got the balls....They haven't won against us in the last 6 games, and that is no fluke. They go on about end of area, end of dominance, greatest team ever, but can't win against us. I tell you why they a whingeing so much, it is because they know they are not going to have such a run as last year. Whingeing bad loosers, that's how I see it.....
I suppose arsnil fans see it in a different way, but then I don't care. Can't wait for the next meeting in London. By then we will be even stronger! :D

Alan Pee

Reaction score
T_G said:
@Alan: I am sure man, I haven't had such a good time since the last title or the win over Munich... O-Ha O-Ha
The posession was not that much dominated by the arsenil, but if you follow many ManU games against very strong teams it is sometimes like this. We win without having all the posession.
Regarding refs "robbing" games, it evens out. As if it never went the other way. How could the ref work on this game when every time 4 arses surround him. Of course, Manu players used to do it, but they stopped some seasons ago after it became too much(Ferdinand needs to be calmed down about this though). The difference between Ferguson and Whinger is that Ferguson does deal with these things....
The win was well deserved, it was a hard game and other than the result, the arsenil dished out as much as they received. Anyone claiming otherwise is either a blind arsnil fan or just blind. Yes they were kicked, but then the arsenil are never been timid, have they? Cole, Vierra, Keown and even bergkamp have in the past shown to have a nasty streak, not to talk about the members of the syncronised diving team employed by them over the last 10 years. So don't talk about Rooney and Ruud. When you see the expression of henry after he kicked someone in the head "accidently", it reminds me of kindergarden stuff. Instead of me having to worry about the state of my club, I laugh about the hypocrisy of them. They might be good on the ball, but they haven't got the balls....They haven't won against us in the last 6 games, and that is no fluke. They go on about end of area, end of dominance, greatest team ever, but can't win against us. I tell you why they a whingeing so much, it is because they know they are not going to have such a run as last year. Whingeing bad loosers, that's how I see it.....
I suppose arsnil fans see it in a different way, but then I don't care. Can't wait for the next meeting in London. By then we will be even stronger! :D

First of all TG I am not an Arsenal fan I am a neutral. I am only concerned about the reputation of English football and the premiership. But if you think that you are at ease with the win then fair play to you. I would leave you with one question though; how would you have felt as an English man if the tackle on Ashley Cole by Ruud had left him injured and kept him out of a crucial England World cup game?

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Being a Man U fan i am ecstatic about the win!! How many shots did arsenal have on target?? 1??? to Manu U's 5? For sure there were some dodgy decisions, the rooney penalty was debatable, but then again ronaldo's claim was cast iron so in a way that gets even'd out. With regards to the RVN challenge on cole, at first i thought ruud had done nothing wrong but when i saw it from another angle it was an attrocious challenge and i think he will get punished accordingly for it. The only thing that i found strange was why did cole have to come steaming in at 30 mph??? he must have known if he came sprinting in at least one of them could get hurt, and in the end it turned out to be him who got hurt but obviously ruud should not have been showing his studs. Also the Ljungberg incident, definate conact by rio, but say if rio didn't touch him and Ljungberg carried on, do you think he would have caught the ball up after miscontrolling it? i couldn't see him catching it as carroll was already on his way out. Also, does anyone remember the arsenal game against portsmouth where Pires blatantly dived in the box which saved arsenals unbeaten record being broken?? And the fulham match where Mark Halsey couldn't make a decision and turned that game into a farce?? I think wenger has a very short memory and thinks that everyone is against arsenal. Anywayz 2-0!!!! COME ON MAN U!! finally the plastic champions have been defeated!! :D :D :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
In my eyes, they are all as bad as each other, what we need to be looking at are ways to curtail the cheating disease which is engulfing the game, particularly at high level.

We now seem to have the worst of both worlds, we have the physical UK game {sometimes too physical), combining with the amatuer theatrics of the European game coming together, each driving the other to greater and greater lows.

Off the pitch referees/video referees are on their way, I know of the objections, but if it doesn't happen, the game will become uncontrollable.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Alan Pee said:
First of all TG I am not an Arsenal fan I am a neutral. I am only concerned about the reputation of English football and the premiership. But if you think that you are at ease with the win then fair play to you. I would leave you with one question though; how would you have felt as an English man if the tackle on Ashley Cole by Ruud had left him injured and kept him out of a crucial England World cup game?

@ Alan: First, funny as it might sound, I am first a Man United fan, England comes a distant 2 after that, even though I watch and cheer every game possible. Second: I must admit that when England is playing, I do cheer on the players, even if they are not ManU players. Owen (when still at LPool), Lampard, David Seaman, even Campbell etc etc no problem. But with Ashley Cole I do have to admit that it physically pains me to cheer him on. Never happened to me before with a p[layer, maybe because England players tended to be of a better human quality than that little c***. There is something about him that makes most non-Arsenal (maybe even some of them) fans to want to smack him hard. I think the problem is with him that he is entirely a product of the Whinger Arse system. He never played for a different club, all he knows is Vieira, Keown, Pires and Arse Whinger, so no surprise of the outcome of a snarling, manipulative, agressive & whingeing tit. Instead of learning the best of what he could have, he took the most despicable traits of all that he could find in abundance around Highbury...
Point is: I don't want any player to get injured, not even that arse Cole. But if he never plays a single game for England, I won't be sad. He is not a credit for England, as good as he may be.
And regarding that tackle by Ruud (and I am biased here) I would have done the same to most players of his kind who come running flat out in my direction whilst I am standing. Where the f*** was that t**** cole going? He would have probably got a red card anyway if Ruud did not protect himself. And after all the stuff that Ruud has been getting from Arsenil in the last years, it is only human if he felt a bit nasty. I know I would, in all honesty. I know suddenly everybody is "Appalled" "Outraged" "shocked", everybody speaks goody goody as if noone ever felt like doing this in a game (probably did anyway), but the minute it is ManU or Ruud they all come out rolling their eyes upwards and acting like a clone of Mother Theresa.

Come on, at least be honest to yourself. If you were Ruud in that moment seeing cole running at you foaming at the mouth, would't you do it? You probably would have given him a high one and make him sing forever in a high pitched voice O-Ha

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Great win for Man Utd, especially because im a Chelsea fan. How many times did Pires fake a penalty....too many. Good ould Arsen whinger he never learns.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Don't agree with your perception of the Van Nistelroy incident T_G, it was a pretty cynical, calculated foul, which could have done irreperable damage to the recipient with a career stopping injury. Ruud was probably lucky that it didn't have that result.

PS, not a fan of either team particularly, just like watching football generally and find it very hard to understand this underlying hatred (not too strong a description) which seems to pervade/infest the supporters of certain teams against others.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
PS, not a fan of either team particularly, just like watching football generally and find it very hard to understand this underlying hatred (not too strong a description) which seems to pervade/infest the supporters of certain teams against others.

I don't hate other teams, even though I have a dislike to this or the other player. For instance, i don't have a problem with Manchester City. OK, I hate losing to them, but really no hatered towards the team or Manager. Same with Newcastle or Chelsea. But what is really bugging me about Arsenal is most likely their way of behaviour since that Whinger took over there. I won't go too deep into the whole thing, but I never disliked a manager of another team as I do with him. It has nothing to do with him being the coach of a rival team, and one that won the championship on a few occasions. I did not have the same feelings towards Dalglish when he won the title with Blackburn or Liverpool. The thing with him is that he thinks that everybody is stupid. He has the eagle eye for every little tackle and mistake that others do, but when asked about his players antics it is always "I did not see it", or he plays it down. There is nothing more I hate about people in general, and that is hypocrisy and falseness. adn He comes accross as such. And like all managers who are a long time at a club, he passes this onto his players.
Yes, Alex Ferguson might not be a saint, and is definitely not as "sophisticated" and "french" as Whinger, but i'd have his style anytime.

I do feel strongly about football, I go and watch my kids play every week, as well as whatever I can on TV. Never in my life have I felt such a discust for a manager and a team as in the last few years towards Arsenal. You can't do much about feelings, can you?

All I hope is that our win will prevent them getting their hands on the trophy, maybe Chelsea or Manu will get it. One can only hope and dream!!

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
well ruud has excepted a 3 match ban.... meaning he will miss the City game :(

i think ruud was very calm, if it was me i wouldnt have been playing..... because i would have 5 counts of GBH pinned on me from the LAST game!!

mind you, i am biased :D

as my dad keeps on reminding me (ex footballer) in his day, these sort of tackles were normal, he says todays game is made for pansies, and we are softening the game to please the influx of foreign players over the last 30 years.

back in the 50s and 60s you were actually held in high regard, if you were a hard player who got stuck in.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
RedDevil_UK said:
well ruud has excepted a 3 match ban.... meaning he will miss the City game :( i think ruud was very calm, if it was me i wouldnt have been playing..... because i would have 5 counts of GBH pinned on me from the LAST game!! mind you, i am biased :D
as my dad keeps on reminding me (ex footballer) in his day, these sort of tackles were normal, he says todays game is made for pansies, and we are softening the game to please the influx of foreign players over the last 30 years.
back in the 50s and 60s you were actually held in high regard, if you were a hard player who got stuck in.

Well, I think we have the firepower to win a game without Ruud now. In any case, might do him soem good, this bit of rest.
Regarding the old days: I am not sure I would like to go back there, I am quite ok with the rules as they are now. A bit of physical game is ok, I don't want English football to end like the Bundesliga. If they want war, we will give it to them. Don't expect us to lie own and loose, jut because you are on a run and because you believe your own hype. I wish a few more teams would go out and play against Arsenal the way they (the other teams) play against us in the last 10 years. Maybe just an illusion, I always had the feeling a win against United is better than against Arsenal....But then I am biased. At least they now now that"unstoppable " does not exsist. Same as we always lost even when doing the treble or titles left and right.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well I'm gonna have my 2 penne'th now.

I think Ruud's challenge on Cole was sh!tty, and he deserves a 3 match ban, as does anyone who tries to cripple another player. Idiot.

I think Arsenal have shown themselves to be extremely bad losers, and they should grow-up big time. Embarrassing.

I don't think you can call modern-day players pansies. Have you seen how much blood has been spilt in three or four recent incidents? If anyone thinks that's funny, or girly, or whatever, then they are not right in the head.

Given that I define the word 'hate' WRT football supporting to mean 'despise with a venomous passion', I hate (in a non-violent sense!) every team that isn't Chelsea, just in varying degrees - starting with the Arse, then Man U, then Liverpool, Leeds, Spurs, Leicester etc. etc.

In fact I hate them so much that I can't enjoy watching England play, 'cos I hate 80% of the team!

Still, at least that percentage is coming down all the time... :)

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
i´m not a fan of either team. but i find it strange the f.a. can use video footage to ban nistleroy now, but don´t allow the 3rd video ref. although it was a bad foul, why can´t they go thru the whole game and do the same to other misdemeanors.