Yet another newbie question!!

A

arraknid

Now have ProgDVB working well with SS2 and Yankse. My question is, are there other plugins available to read the encryption keys not included in softcam.key? Like Cryptovision, Skycrypt and others? Also, is there any way of taking snapshots of the screen image other than recording and opening in an editor?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that there are any other encryptions other than those handled by the 6 in 1 files arraknid.

Not sure about the screen shots either, I don't tend to use the record facility.

A

arraknid

rolfw said:
Don't think that there are any other encryptions other than those handled by the 6 in 1 files arraknid.

Not sure about the screen shots either, I don't tend to use the record facility.

I'm not quite understanding what you are saying. As there are obviously other encryptions than those covered by the 6-in-1 files, do you mean that ProgDVB can't handle them? I'm told that My Theatre will, but not having the luxury of a fast processor, it locks everything up. ProgDVB isn't as processor hungry, it seems.

My question re the screen snapshots comes from using WinTV which has a handy snapshot button to capture anything on the TV screen as a jpeg. Maybe in time......

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that the softcams for ProgDVB and MyTheatre can not decrypt anything that a six in one card cannot, the advantage it did have was Conax, but as we know it doesn't anymore.

A

arraknid

rolfw said:
I believe that the softcams for ProgDVB and MyTheatre can not decrypt anything that a six in one card cannot, the advantage it did have was Conax, but as we know it doesn't anymore.

Which takes me back to my original question. As softcams are yankse related, is there another plug-in that will read other keys? My Theatre seems to have numerous plug-ins available, but they don't work in ProgDVB.

If you'll bear with my witterings further, how do I install DiSEqC 1.2 plugin v0.85? I put it in the root directory, but it isn't recognised - or at least doesn't appear in the Plug-ins menu in ProgDVB.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, I assumed that you were only refering to decryption plugins, the DiseqC plugin would need to go in the plugins directory, there should be a how to in the zip file, but this particular plugin does not work very well, there is i believe a better one, but as I don't have a DiseqC motor installed at the moment, I cannot test them.