Yet another newbie with no idea!

merck

Reaction score
Hi chaps,
I'm lost and confused. just brought ss2 and a new lnb to utilise an old dish. The intention was to view some of the Spanish tv out there. However I have installed everything and just to get started I pointed the dish at 28.? E ie: sky double clicked dvbview and got this error message:
Cannot set Turnerstatus (wrong settings) error: 0x90010115 (unknown Error Code). according to the dvbview help file the following is explained:
This simply means, that the channel cannot be tuned. Generally the signal strength will be down to zero, due to one of the following rea­sons:

• The values in the channel list are incorrect and have to be adjusted, particularly the frequency, polarisation, symbol rate, LNB selection, LNB frequency (LOF) or DiSEqC (see Editing Channels in chapter 6).
    • The channel moved to another transponder/frequency (which happens quite frequently with digitally broadcast channels), or the broadcasting was terminated. Try to scan the satellite position in order to find it again (see Channel Se­arch in chapter 6).
I have followed both of these roots to no avail, I then disconnected the cable from the lnb only to find I had the same response! I have since down loaded Programfinder and had the dish in every conceivable position without a change in the signal or quality.

Am I right to think the Lnb is knacked?
Or am I going about this in completely the wrong way due to my ignorance in this matter?
Does anyone know of a 1st time fools step by step guide?
your guidance would be much appreciated

Merck...

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
Hi Merck,
First of all, are you sure your dish is pointed correctly at the satellite;
What lnb type have you got? and is this selected in your settings.

merck

Reaction score
Hi thanks for your responce,
I have copied the angles from my neighbours dish so pretty sure on line even thou it does not make sence on the compass! I have a universal lnb made by MTI code numbers AP8 T2B 10.7-12.75 ghz single lnbf 0.6dB
Now the biggie have I selected what where? I've looked under settings in dvbviewer but can find no required input?

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
I meant in sky star 2 settings,( I have an echostar in which you can specify what type of lnb to use in the menu. ) also you have to be pretty much spot on pointing at the satellite, as literally milimetres either way can result in no signal.

K

kalamar

merck said:
Hi thanks for your responce,
I have copied the angles from my neighbours dish so pretty sure on line even thou it does not make sence on the compass! I have a universal lnb made by MTI code numbers AP8 T2B 10.7-12.75 ghz single lnbf 0.6dB
Now the biggie have I selected what where? I've looked under settings in dvbviewer but can find no required input?
If you dont have the exact same type of dish as your neighbor then that wont work. different dishes have different angles such as prime feed and offset different offset angles ect ect . MyTheatre 2.76 is easyier to set up , use sat sig meter is cheap ! set lnb LO 1 at 1075xxxx and LO 2 at same 1075xxxx and see if sigs on it will work if set right.

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
Hello Merck, as suggested you can use a cheap sat meter (look on E-bay) for about £10-15, I found an easy way was to hook up my old analogue receiver and tune in a still working analogue transponder channel (frequencies found on Lyngsat website) then just move the dish until you get zero sparklies (yes remember them !) this works for Astra 19.2e and Hotbird 13e (and others) which currently have plenty of good stuff on them (IMHO) of course you need to be able to see your TV screen from your dish or have your missus shout "CRAP.....BETTER......CRAP.....FINE !" worked for me !!!
If you can invest in a motor do. I have and the sky is quite literaly the limit. . .

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Rod Hulls Aerial said:
... or have your missus shout "CRAP.....BETTER......CRAP.....FINE !"
My Mrs says this when we make love. Does this mean MY LNB is shagged too?!?!