you clever people help please

den123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ddcccccc
My Location
uk
hi guys can anyone work this out whats wrong i have just set up a sxy dish zone 2 the meter reading on my signal meter is 3/4 up the quality bar same as on the reciver when i put the true move chanels on its all breaking up same as with moveis for men other chanels seem ok any ideas thanks guys :mad:

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Possible DECT interference operating around the 1880 - 1900 Mhz..... bang in the middle of some of the transponders and channels you have mentioned.

If this applies then DECT cordless phone needs moving :D

den123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ddcccccc
My Location
uk
top marks sat man you spot on it was the phones but what phones dont interfer with the satelite thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Non DECT phones that don't operate in those freqs ..... :D

Glad to help,..... make the cheque payable to satelliteman LOL :):-rofl2

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I never understand why some get interference problems from DECT cordless phones. I have 4 of the little bu99ers and have never had a problem. They are from the BT Freestyle range a few years old, I don't know if the brand makes any difference.

I'm wondering where the interference is getting in? Like though the cable, or directly into the receiver circuitry.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Might be a type OR brand of phone but I suppose if you have poor screen cabling, that might be an opening for interference to get in.

gerryl

Reaction score
alot of comms (Telephone...etc) are located beside the TV (due to necessary!!!..Connections)...this was a ‘no no’ even in the early days of modem/isdn connections as it would most like cause interference to PC Monitors due to the constant feed, seen some great effects, so best kept away!

den123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ddcccccc
My Location
uk
thanks guys can i ask what phone makes models dont afect the satelite thanks

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
I think it is more to do with (a) cabling and (:cool: LNB type --- I once experimented with two different LNBs on 11637 @ 7e and while one was OK, the other couldn't hack it though it's quite a good LNB in terms of reception.