Zenega CD 1004iS is not switching on

veryhott

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish TV
Zenega CD 1000iS
My Location
Middle East
SOS!! My Zenega CD 1004iS is not switching on - the amber light has been blinking from the last 3 days. Can anyone help me solve the problem?

kaySun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega CD-1004iS
Humax IR-FREE
Alfa AD-7300+
Philips XD-300 (Modified for a particular NW)
My Location
Chennai, India & Middle East
Is it red or green/red together? i.e. half red and half green ? Just watch and post it here.

kaySun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega CD-1004iS
Humax IR-FREE
Alfa AD-7300+
My Location
Is it red or green/red together? i.e. half red and half green ? Just watch and post it here.

ARS.Rehman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite
My Location
Pakistan
Hello, kaySun

kaySun said:

Yes Half red and half green.

kaySun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega CD-1004iS
Humax IR-FREE
Alfa AD-7300+
My Location
If it is half red and half green as you say it is failing on update which was called via menu by someone or you, but is not getting completed. You may notice that the receiver light going off(no light) and then coming back on again (green then green/red). On the tv set you will be able to see briefly software update message. This process will continue forever. It is due to poor signal reception at your receiver. There are two options. One is very difficult - i.e to get the tuner replaced. Getting it is near impossible. I could make do with one from another unit which was dumped. If it is possible get it done by a professional who knows about de-soldering/soldering, correcting any breakage in track or small component around tuner while removing the existing tuner. You need lot of patience to desolder and remove the existing one. You may cut the legs off with long snout cutter but you will not be able to re-use it again if the other one fails.

Second option is to take the unit to someone who receives signal with a higher strength than what you have and do a software update (OTA). It will work ok after that.

Else when the receiver turns back on again after red/green - reset cycle press the standby(red) button on remote while the light is green for a brief period of time. The receiver will stay off with red light. Now turn it back on again from remote. You will still be able to see all the channels that you were getting. Hope this helps.