Zenith DSR 311-3-4

valtea

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dynasat SilverBox II

Computer Athlon Semperon
80Gb HDD/256 DDR RAM
128 MB Geforce 5200
I have a Zenith DSR 311-3-4 which we used for transmitting DD Sport long time ago. Since ve have another decoder for the same channel I want to use this decoder for giving out other FTA channel.

It seems the decoder is locked to that channel only. Is there anyway to make some use of the decoder either through some software upgrade or throuh some hardware modification.

For information i'm listing the things written in the bottom of the Decoder

Zenith Electronic Corporation
Input Rating : 115-250V ~50-60Hz 30W
Model No : DSR311-3-4
Manufactured : August/AOUT 2000
Serial No : 250DB100160111011
US PATENT NO : 4631603, 4577216, 4819098
Made in Mexico

Note This receiver does have a RS232 port at the back

Here is the pic of the back

bcjain99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax F1 Receiver Zenith DSR310-3-4
60cm Ku dish +911126689454
My Location
India
valtea said:
I have a Zenith DSR 311-3-4 which we used for transmitting DD Sport long time ago. Since ve have another decoder for the same channel I want to use this decoder for giving out other FTA channel.

It seems the decoder is locked to that channel only. Is there anyway to make some use of the decoder either through some software upgrade or throuh some hardware modification.

For information i'm listing the things written in the bottom of the Decoder

Zenith Electronic Corporation
Input Rating : 115-250V ~50-60Hz 30W
Model No : DSR311-3-4
Manufactured : August/AOUT 2000
Serial No : 250DB100160111011
US PATENT NO : 4631603, 4577216, 4819098
Made in Mexico

Note This receiver does have a RS232 port at the back

Here is the pic of the back

400) {this.width=400;this.alt='Click here to see a large version';}" border=0>
400) {this.width=400;this.alt='Click here to see a large version';}" border=0>

I too have the same type of receiver. The manual with me says that this receivers tunes between 950-2150 MHz IF. So if it is connected to C band LNB it give rception of C Band transponders. If it is conncted to KU Band LNB it tunes to Ku Band T/Ps. But one problem is that the manual says that this set is pretuned to C Band only. I connected it to Ku LNB and got the KU band T/Ps BERs. But as the NSS6 has all the transmissions on DVB system this receiver do not show pictures. I searched web and got info that Zenith has been accuired by LG of Korea. The factory of Mexico too is now run by LG. Hence no software upgrade for this set is available. If we want FTA signals, I think, we can get digital signals predecent to DVB system only. This set is digital but not of DVB system. Any further info welcome. It is, I think, pretuned set meant only for Star Channels or BSKy-B cards. Others please throw more light on this IRD, thanks

valtea

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dynasat SilverBox II

Computer Athlon Semperon
80Gb HDD/256 DDR RAM
128 MB Geforce 5200
this is what i got from their support.

Neil <customerservice*lge.com> to me
show details
Feb 13 (2 days ago) Dear Tawia,

Thank you for inquiring of Zenith Electronics.

We appreciate your interest in this satellite decoder. This unit was not released to the US market. The only information we have been able to locate is that which is available in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to assist with this matter.

For further information or troubleshooting, you may contact us at 800-243-0000 for LG Customer Service assistance. An agent will be glad to assist you. Thank you again for contacting LG Electronics.
Neil
E-mail Administrator
Customer Interactive Center
LGEAI

bcjain99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
u r right. they released it for UK market and specifically for BSky-B. My set alongwith a valid card of NDS can be tuned to Asiasat with Rupert's Star Platform. But presently I have my only KU LNB towards NSS6 only. So I get BERs of DD India and Zee's Dish TV platform. BER's show signal strength and signal quality well perfect for reception when tuned to Satellite No.3 with the help of remote. All the FTA signals show their signals and starength but the picture or sound is not available. Also shown is New Skies strength for Christian Global Channel directed to India. Can any one, please tell the way the pictures and sound do appear for all the FTA channels whenever this IRD+Dish LNB is directed to the satellites having FTA channels. Secondly, I have still not found the difference of DVB ( Digital Video Broadcasting)marking and plain Digital Satellite Receiver markings. Has this been a transitionary stage before the advent of DVB standard ? Then why the Star Platforms in India are still using these sets ? I have seen the PACE IRDs without DVB marking but still providing Star Package picture and sound from Asiasat.

salomon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PIV 2.66
DDR 640
SKYSTAR2
Hello,
Have similar receiver here: Zenith DTH311-9.
Want to unlock it to FTA channels. Any clue?

jasmine1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 2110 2ci/echostar 808 via 2ci/matrix reloaded/opos 105/titanium/vr3/fortec HD/Quali HD/diablo/DB500S/110cm motorised
My Location
midlands.UK
i have DTH311-9 if take to india and subscribe will this receiver work in india?

bcjain99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
jasmine1 said:
i have DTH311-9 if take to india and subscribe will this receiver work in india?

For how long u stay in India ?

If it is within few days dont bring this to India. If you plan to stay for months you can use it with Asiasat satellite and that too with Star Packages only. FTA channels would not be shown to you.

This set if used with B-Sky package and directed towards Arabsat and Panamsat will also work depending on your subscriptions.

Thanks