zetacam / full-x tv

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo; 2 dishes; Astra1+2 and Hotbird, Hispasat; external DiSEqC switch.
My Location
Midlands, UK
hello everyone,

I have 2 questions regarding the above for your kind attention;

1) I am confused by the various kinds of zetacam which seem to be around, so which one to get for full-x tv? My receiver is an ADT PIXX 3500B (2 CI slots) from about 2001.

2) Does the zetacam you suggested (above) support any other encyptions?

I'd be grateful if you could answer fully without directing me straight to any (more!) web pages.

Thanks a lot,
Lee

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
OK, let's try to help..
1. Most are Icecrypt clones, so should work with fullx (I got an old skycrypt one which does, and I know that most of the Ice cams do as well as neotion & Joker)
2. There is some software available, though I haven't seen many upgrades of late. I think January was the last I saw.
Hope this helps a bit.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The zeta cam blue will get you Full x 1 and 2. They cost about £70 and if they ever need updating it can be done with a CAS2 interface or a funcard5.

PS. Lee please don't post the SAME question in different sections. I've now merged the 2 threads you started into 1.

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
ok and thanks;

I've heard of the zetacam blue but there seems to be conflicting info out there, since when apparently free-x stopped using it or a similar cam. (not confusing free-x here with full-x, which many sites seem to)
The full-x site itself is unclear on the position or options.

So if Zetacam Blue currently supports full-x 1 and 2, what about the third full-x channel?

And does the zetacam (or any other cam which may now come into the discussion) inherently support other encryptions? Or do you always have to do some kind of upgrade as mentioned above?

I don't think I'm in a 'know-how' position to do any upgrades or anything fancy. Heck, I don't even know if a zetacam will actually work with my Pixx to start with. (oldish unknown receiver, poor available support/docs)

thanks again.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I think the zeta blue would work with most common interfaces. As for the third full x.....nothing on it (as yet).

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
thanks Jimbo;

here's my plan, you see:

Ideally I want to get s_x.tv and s_x mature content.tv (and possibly s_x plus.tv) but their website's Cam + card deal is quite pricey at 280 Euro incl postage.

So, I was thinking of getting a Zetacam (which seem fairly cheap) but only if I can find out if it also supports Viacess2 or Irdeto2. This is because I could later buy just a s_x.tv card in one of those formats to use in the zetacam.

ie, I think this altogether might be a cost effective way of ultimately viewing the s_x.tv channels whilst also including the bonus of getting the full-x channels too.

So that's my plan; just need to find out about the zetacam compatibility issue.

I'm also now in contact with the dutch PIXX distributor to find out which cams my pixx can support.

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
hello everyone,

Having spoken to the distributor who used to sell the now defunct receiver I have (PIXX 3500:cool: I have found out that I can use a Magic Cam or (quote) Any Irdeto Eurocam or Viacces red label cam.
Apparently Irdeto2 and Viaccess2 will also be ok.

He told me that the last effort made by the manufacturer was to get the Magic Cam working with the receiver; nothing newer than that.

So my question now is do I have to be careful which model or version I get of the above cams to make sure it will work in my receiver as described above?
ie I've read lots about used cams which may or may not have been loaded or upgraded, so should I only buy for eg a _new_ Magic Cam?
Or an old one which has _not_ been loaded or upgraded in any way?

Or is this irrelevant?

From what I have read / understand I will have to load a new/unused Magic Cam anyway?

thanks a lot,
lee

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
I think my last post above may have been a bit complicated, so maybe I can bring your kind attentions to a few key questions for me:
(new readers should read the previous post first)

1) As I squeezed as much info as possible out of the ex-distributor, he said he would probably recommend I buy a _new_ Magic Cam (if I choose to get a Magic Cam) rather than a _used_ one.
Do you think this is valid advice regarding any back-compatibility issues with my Pixx?
Or do I need an _unused old_ one from around the time my Pixx was designed to accept a Magic Cam??
Or is this irrelevant?

2) With any Magic Cam, new, old, used or unused, what are the loading issues (if any) I have to consider?
Presumably I need a loader kit?

3) Does the Magic Cam support Neotion for full-x? If so, is this something I would have to load as an 'extra' once I had established I had installed a 'basic' Magic Cam?

Reading that back it's still quite complex, but I would gratefully receive any specific advice or knowledge here.
I always try to read up and find out before asking questions anywhere, but this whole cam thing seems to be (intentionally?) shrouded in mystique.
I'm also pretty sure I am currently missing the point regarding the purpose or reason for 'loading' cams.

Many thanks,
Lee
(once I know the above for sure, I'm kind of there ...)

jcdh

Reaction score
Hello m8,
I have original zetacam blue and i receive full-x 1, 2 and 3.
Full-x 2m and 3m same program as 2 and 3.
Never try to update, because i will not loss my subscription.
Will search...

cableman

Reaction score
jimbo said:
I think the zeta blue would work with most common interfaces. As for the third full x.....nothing on it (as yet).

Just to say that I have recenly bought a Zeta Blue cam on Ebay and it claims to give me fullX2&3 untill 2005 and Full X1 for one year. I have activated it(by using it) and so far I'm 100% pleased with its function and programme quality. And all for less than £40! My DEragon does interfere with it though (in my Technomate5500cisuper) and must be ejected first.

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
I was originally looking at zetacam buys myself, before I found out my pixx 'probably' won't be able to accept one.

I think I should probably repost my questions above in the Magic thread.

lee