Zeus programmer and loaders

I

ifm

Hello all, i am new here so please forgive me.
I have recently bought a Zeus multiprogrammer and am having problems.
The software that came with it was Cardwriter and after a LOT of tries i could not get it to work, the built in loader went in ok but the Eeprom keeps failing (just says error writing Eeprom).
Ok so i have spent an age hunting for any sort of clue as to why and checked through the tutorial on Sat4all but no clues as to why it won't work.
I have now tried different host software (chipcat) and here i found my first clue- it says loader doesn't work!
Again this is a built in loader so i am more confused.
How can i use a different loader?
Is it the loader or something else such as the card? (it came with the programmer-goldwafer)
Your helpis greatly appreciated (sorry it's a bit long),
Ian

C

cooling321

Hi, I am new to this game aswell, infact i havn't recieved my programmer yet, but i might be able to help. I found this good site that is VERY good for us newbies; http://www.code-spot.co.uk/ .

TIP: If you are trying to do I*V DIG cards then d/l http://www.code-spot.co.uk/ITVpbmCalc.zip or choose ITVpbmCalc form the software section. It makes hex files for u along eith step by step instructions on how to use them.

The site knows all about zeus (unlike most ppl round here).

Hope that helps.

cooling321
(newbie)
:-)

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
When you r useing Cardwriter r u making sure the EEprom box on the bottom right is ticked otherwise it wont prog the eeprom. DAVE.

I

ifm

Thanks but according to everything i've read i'm doing everything right but the comport stays closed when the eeprom is trying to write and i get error messages. What about com port settings?, i've changed the driver but no effect.
Ian

I

ifm

Hello, i've just been trying ic-prog and winphoenix again it won't work, ic-prog fails to verify and winphoenix fails to reset the card.
Someone must have some idea as to my problem, it must be hardware related-power,port, cable, anything!!
Help,
Ian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You don't say what operating system you are running IFM, some software doesn't work properly under systems like XP. In that instance it is better to use a DOS based program.

Rolf

I

ifm

I have half solved the problem, i took the programmer to a mates computer and it worked perfectly!
He has a very similar setup-Win98, same modem etc.
The only apparent difference is his modem is on Com1 and mine is on Com2, i have switched mine over but no joy-there must be some sort of conflict on the com port maybe?
Got any info on a DOS based system i can try?
Thanks,
Ian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-Apr-02 AT 07:28 PM (GMT)]The only dos based programs that I have are the ones from Adteknik, they are for use with the Elvis programmer. you may find that perhaps something like Chipcat or Multiprog may do the business, it may well be a com port baud rate problem and some software will deal with it better than others. Chipcat can be downloaded from Duwgati's site http://satpages.sat4all.com/ and multiprog from adteknik.de. It may also be worth trying a boot in safe mode to see if the conflict if there is one exists there.

Rolf

M

markexon

1. Load the pic file
2. Load EEPROM File
3. Make sure Oscillator is set to RC
4. Make sure WDT is set to OFF
5. Make sure PRTE is set to ON
6. Make sure CP is set to OFF
6. Make sure EEPROM is set to ON

Then Click Write and it should program ok

HTH