zinwell quad lnb on motor dish

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital, dreambox 500s using cccam 2.0.9 with gemini 4.2 image
My Location
ireland
Hi guys was putting a zinwell lnb on a motor dish, but im just wondering what way it should go on, i know you need not skew lnb on a motor dish, i noticed that if the f connector ports are looking straight down (vertical) the white head of the lnb is angled.... Basically i want to know do i just leave the ports looking straight down which the head is slightly angled OR do i just angle the ports which then makes the white head vertical. Sorry it sounds confusing, hopefully someone understands what i mean.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
You need zero skew for a motor dish. Where the connector is pointing down does not always mean a zero skew setting.

If a sky Zinwell quad, then it will be no good for a motor set up. The scaler feed is shaped for an elliptical dish.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
LNBs made for Sky dishes have a limited skew range which doesn't allow zero skew ............ the remedy, therefore is to skew the entire LNB clamping arrangement to compensate (or to mount the dish itself off-centre in the case of a single position satellite install - no good for a motorised one!)). I think the body of the LNB is what you need to be pointing straight down for your South Satellite, so the connectors will be a few degrees away from bottom dead centre. Shouldn't affect the price of cheese, though.

Better to use a proper LNB ...................

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
thanks guys, what you recommend as good quad for motor?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Any with a circular feed. Invacom quads are okay.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
sitja said:
Hi guys was putting a zinwell lnb on a motor dish, but im just wondering what way it should go on, i know you need not skew lnb on a motor dish, i noticed that if the f connector ports are looking straight down (vertical) the white head of the lnb is angled.... Basically i want to know do i just leave the ports looking straight down which the head is slightly angled OR do i just angle the ports which then makes the white head vertical. Sorry it sounds confusing, hopefully someone understands what i mean.

Adjust it until it works best, then go get the correct type.

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland