Zone 2 - am I securing the dish correctly?

pooksahib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed Triax dish for Freesat.
My Location
Scotland
Hi. I have 2 queries about my new Zone 2 dish ('Raven' I believe). Firstly, connection of the Elevation Bracket. Here's a picture, including close up:

All four bolts are the same as the one pictured. I was surprised to find that no nuts were supplied, just bolts and washers. Everything seems to work fine though, the bolts tighten up nicely including the two which determine the actual elevation. But is this a normal set-up though? I just think it would be more 'sensible' to have nuts as well.

My second question concerns the U bolts. I was supplied with 4 of identical size yet the instructions say that there should be one big one and one small one for securing the L-tube to the wall bracket. Here's a picture of the (as yet unmounted) dish:

Is the U bolt on the left of the picture in the right place? At present, it's the other U bolt that's doing all the work. The wall fixing is made of strong steel – is the intention that I should be able to tighten the left hand U bolt so that the wee clamp is pulled down to meet the tube? I'm wary that the damn thing will snap off first!

Many thanks

[fieldset=Moderation]Uploaded images as attachments, please make note of the forum rules - SM[/fieldset]

Attachments

• af7622e1fb.jpg
    af7622e1fb.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 41
  • bcb1312e40.jpg
    bcb1312e40.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 35

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You have it right, just tighten up the U bolt on the left.

pooksahib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed Triax dish for Freesat.
My Location
Scotland
Thanks rolfw. Before or after fixing the bracket to the wall?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
After, or at least that's how I do it.:)