Zone 2 disk on chimney

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
The chimney looks to be reasonably substantial at four bricks square, shouldn't be a problem to attach a minidish to your aerial mast between or below the bracket, although the mast could do with a little upgrading.

I would still put it elsewhere, since you only have a single lashing round the chimney. If that comes loose, the whole lot comes down.

If you are not in a terraced property then the angle of your neighbours dish suggests putting yours on the end wall will get you reception. Put it near the ridge and all the cables can neatly enter the loft-space

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
fergyc said:
Buy your neighbour a quad LNB as a "present" then run a feed from that. If you're on good terms then they should be fine with it.

If you do do that, don't forget the additional earth bonding. Both properties will almost certianly be on a differant phase, and a fault could easially see 415v at one or both recievers.

I agree with Channel Hopper about the potential to mount the dish on the gable end of the property. And I'm sure planning regs only allow for 1 dish on a stack. I'm afraid the neighbours beat you too it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well yes, ideally it will be better off the chimney, but there may not be a gable, as the roof may be hipped and it may be difficult at the back of the property (my personal preference). As far as I know, the dish regulations apply to each individual residence, not per chimney, so a second dish shouldn't be a problem.

With regard to the chimney lashing, obviously one makes sure it is firm prior to attaching the dish to it.

aileen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6800 HD. Now died. Protek HD 9750
Motorised 88 cm dish
Installed by Robbo
Mac computers
My Location
S E Kent
If you're worried about standing on Garage roof why not borrow a scaffold board and lay on roof and work from standing on it