1 Dish+2 Lnbs+1 cable+2 receivers installation help PLEASE !!

stevd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat
My Location
Nottingham
Hi everyone,
I am a newbee, I have A request for help from all of you, THANKS TO THIS FORUM I WAS ABLE TO INTALL MY FREESAT LAST YEAR.

I have now bought a new receiver to receive signals from Hotbird 13deg, I am presently receiving signal from 28deg Astra. I was wondering if i use these things:

1. 2nd LNB on a multi holder to hotbird while 1st one facing Astra 28.
2. What spliter will I need at the LNB end (I suppose a spliter will DC pas on all its ports).
3. What splitter will I need at the 2 receiver's end (I suppose a splitter with one dc pass only)

I read through various place on the internet to find that if this is done the active receiver will dictate what channels the passive one will receive is it true?

Is there a way you can suggest, so that I can buy cost efficient accessories and make MY family happy, so that can watch Hotbird and well and Astra.

I will be extremely grateful for your advise.

Thanks
Stevd

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum stevd

I am glad you found the information on here sufficient to achieve your goal, well done.

No you do not use splitters at all it will not work, your second lnb has an output therefore you cable it up to your 2nd stb.

If you are suggesting you want both stb's to receive both lnb outputs i.e. two satellites there are various ways of achieving that but converting both lnb's to twin (or quad output for future recording upgrade) then feeding each of the lnb feeds 28 and 13 to one switch and the other feed fron 28 and 13 to the other switch, one output lead from each switch to each stb will be fine. That of course is assuming both stb's have diseqc switching capabilities. It will never work with splitters

stevd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat
My Location
Nottingham
Thanks for your guidance, presently I have run 2 cables individually from each LNB and running stb individually. I was doubtful to mix them up as I love FREESAT and just need to keep in touch with HOTBIRD.

But I would try what you suggest in a few weeks time changing the lnbs to quad.

You guys have been brilliant help.. THANKS !!