Advice Needed 2 receivers...one cable

cheekymonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 smallish dishes andaccess to 1 very big one.(7w, 13e,19e, 28.2e, 27.5w)
TM 5402hd,dm500s,vu+solo, pc,laptop,tablet,smartphone. Smartmeter S1 (since someone robbed my satcatcher excel tv mk4)) emitor micro HD. very old promax explorer
My Location
Canary Islands
Have a slight problem.... current configuration is Terrestrial antenna and sky dish connected to a tv/sat combiner then a cable through the house internal wiring eventually ends up at the tv point (tv/sat splitter) where the terrestrial then goes to tv and the sat to a sky HD stb.

Need to add another dish (27.5w) and another receiver (for the 27.5w signal).....problem is after many hours of trying I cannot get the 2nd cable (from the 27.5w dish) any further than the last junction on the internal system so have a length of about 10 mtrs from the tv point where I can only use one cable. (that cable is jammed tight so cannot be used to pull through (think there is another junction box which has been tiled over or something and owner has no idea.)

Hence need a solution to run 2 stbs (one being a sky box the other a standard stb) to 2 dishes via one cable.

My only thought so far is:
Connect the 2 dishes together via diseq (believe sky box will actually work if on port 1) this feed then goes into the combiner along with the terrestrial.
At the splitter take terrestrial feed to tv (as is now ) but then split the sat feed via a 2 way splitter with a feed going to the sky box and a feed to the 2nd receiver which would obviously be set for diseq port 2. I assume this will work if one receiver is active and the other is in standby so as not to have problems with H/V etc.

Any better solution or is there some sort of physical switch which could be used to switch the sat feed from box a to box b and vice versa or do these (if they exist) introduce too much loss. User does not want to keep taking cable off one stb and attaching to other (even with rapid fit connector)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
High isolation A/B switch boxes - about a fiver from decent sat shops

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yep. Even cheaper if you buy two or three.

cheekymonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 smallish dishes andaccess to 1 very big one.(7w, 13e,19e, 28.2e, 27.5w)
TM 5402hd,dm500s,vu+solo, pc,laptop,tablet,smartphone. Smartmeter S1 (since someone robbed my satcatcher excel tv mk4)) emitor micro HD. very old promax explorer
My Location
Canary Islands
gracias to all........sometimes the simplest solution escapes us all. Now to just find a decent sat shop in the canary islands!!