500s Acting Up

SaorSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
My Location
Ireland
Hello everybody,

I have a DM500s which is giving me a bit of trouble lately. It may be that I have overlooked something but at present it is frustrating every effort to sort it out.

I am running Gemini 4.0, Mgcamd 1.25, using the latest Vhannibal channel list and have the latest Satan key bundle installed. It is currently pointing at Astra 19.2 on a fixed dish.

The problem is that the screen stays black until I restart the cam. If I change channel and return, then I have to restart the cam again, and so on and so on.

The problem first showed up a couple of days ago while I was still running Gemini 3.4, so it isn't that. I went back to Mgcamd 1.24, but that didn't make a difference either. I even installed a couple of different backups that I have used before and therefore know to be working, without success.

Something has gone wrong somewhere... It might even be me, but I'm too close to the bloody thing now and need a fresh perspective.

It turns out the box is a clone too, which shouldn't have any bearing on it I suppose but I thought I should mention it.

I hate bothering anybody, but I've been messing about with this for a few days now and I'm getting nowhere. I've tried everything I can think of to no avail, but I'm still hoping it is something simple I have overlooked.

I'd be very grateful of any advice anyone could give me, ...to say the least!

Thank you,

Michael

nowready

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox DM800SE;
moteck diseqc rotor 90 cm ;
analog rotor 133 cm prime focus;aston diseqc2analog rotor converter;stab mp02 rotor control;
My Location
The Hague The Nederlands
Try :
blue panel
disable Auto-Camd

SaorSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
My Location
Ireland
Thanks for helping nowready, but that's not it. Mgcamd 1.25 is just set as the default cam.

Thanks again,

Michael

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
How much space is in /var ? How long do you give it on a black screen to clear?

SaorSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
My Location
Ireland
"How much space is in /var ?"

Hello mhku, under System Info it says that I have 2.1 mbs free. It is yet another fresh installation in an attempt to cure the problem with only the basics required to watch D+ and Premiere i.e. a channel list (albeit a complete one), cam and satan key bundle.

"How long do you give it on a black screen to clear?"

I let it sit for a few minutes, but it doesn't clear without restarting the cam again.

All the best,

Michael