A little dissapointed

billchad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400 c+usb motorised system, alternative Humax sat receiver.
My Location
Lancashire
Hello everyone, find myself a little dissapointed after botching together a sat system consisting of a 80cm dish, TM5400 CI+usb, TM DiseqC 1.2 motor. All perched on my flat shed roof.
Managed to set it up right, can get good signals from the best satellites 60% average, 98% on some TP's, but most of the channels i get are what i could get on Freeview, the rest are foriegn Asian mostly, with a good splattering of God channels.
Was hoping to get (FTA) up to date channels, sport, films, sci-fi ect.

I heard one could get these channels by sticking a card in the Cam slot, could anyone recommend the best card to get for this particular receiver, on a budget of course, and wether one has to subscribe.

Many thanks

A nonymous

Reaction score
If there were all those free to air channels out there everyone wouldn't bother with Sky.

There are a few good free to air channels on 26e, but i really don't think you'll get them on an 80cm dish, although i may be wrong.

You can use what ever card you wish to use as long as you buy the correct cam (Conditional Access Module) to go with the card.

If you went for a Tring card you would need a Conax cam, If you went for JSC sport you would need an Irdeto cam etc etc.

As far as i'm aware you used to be able to open stuff up with Keys on that receiver but you would need to patch it ( I.E change the software the box runs on) that is if software is still available for it.

Last time i played with one of them Canal Digitaal on 19.2 and Bulsatcom on 39e was open on keys.

Please do not ask for keys on this forum as its against the forum rules. You can find them on other forums if you look hard enough, just dont ask here as were all above board on this forum :D

Nano

billchad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Many thanks Nano,

My own smugness at setting it up correctly was a little overwhelming, guess i expected too much. :-doh!

billchad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Nano says 26e, i have looked threw the menu items on my box and am struggling to navigate to that position, i.e..i have all the sats but none for 26e, is there a menu where i can put in them co-ordenents and the motor will go there??:confused

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
billchad said:
Nano says 26e, i have looked threw the menu items on my box and am struggling to navigate to that position, i.e..i have all the sats but none for 26e, is there a menu where i can put in them co-ordenents and the motor will go there??:confused

Hi Bill ..
If you are using usals ..and the offset for your location is set correctly ..then adding the satellite name and postion ..will automatically drive to that position before scanning ...

...also ..if there isn't a blind scan facility in your receivers menu ..then the transponder details will have to be added manually before scanning ..
Your problem is most likely dish size ..as a bigger dish is needed for the transponders receiveable in the uk ....and this doesn't include _all_ of them ..
Some you may never get ..even with a bigger dish ..as the footprint is outside ..and not intended for the UK ..
Check Lyngsat ..for footprint and transponder details ....
rgds
VS

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
26E - you only have a chance with the channels transmitting off Badr 4, but even then an 80cm dish is on the small side for 26E

You can forget Badr 5 & 6 - you would need something MUCH bigger to get them.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I only used to be able to get the BADR 4 stuff on my Penta 85 and i'm further south than you so it may be a bit of a push.

Booms in on the 1m Gibby though :D

Nano

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
billchad said:
Managed to set it up right, can get good signals from the best satellites 60% average, 98% on some TP's, but most of the channels i get are what i could get on Freeview, the rest are foriegn Asian mostly, with a good splattering of God channels.

Are you absolutely certain the dish is actually moving to different positions ?

You can check this by putting in a known satellite such as 5W and seeing if you get only French channels. If you are still getting only 'Freeview/Asian' type stuff then you need to look at the motor setup

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Good point CH - sounds like the dish is parked at 28.2E...

billchad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Yeh good point CH it don't seem to 'move much' when i send it to Thor 1w from way east. But i'm not too sure how to move the dish via the reciever, obviously i can move it to the pre=programmed sats already on the reciever (if it is moving) by asking it to scan them, but if i want to go to 5w and there is no sat pre-programmed into the reciever at that degree then how do i send it to 5w.
I was also gonna ask about softcams how to and the rest but i think i will avoid that until there's a little more room in my brain.....
many thanks for your replies : ))

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Does it move at all ?

How far does it move from East to West ? (a couple of pictures may help)