AAAARRGGHH Frustrating people

hoggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500ci+motorised
My Location
london
I came home yesterday to find a car parked directly opposite my drive way, I therefore couldn't get my car in. We live on a fairly steep hill and the road is just wide enough for two cars to pass and a three point turn was not possible. The car owner was visiting the house opposite, who incidentally have a double width drive with at least parking for eight cars. My drive is narrow with a hedge on side and a 5ft drop to the neighbours garden the other. I asked the owner of the property if they would ask their visitor to move the car so I could get into my drive, which she quite happily did. Turns out the car belonged to her mother. She came out with a face like thunder and begrudgingly moved it. I parked my car and then thanked her, to which she barked, "I wasn't going to be long anyway!". She then parked her car back in its original position???. :-ohcrap

Are some people just born pure ignorant and awkward or do they just practice hard :confused How the hell I am supposed to know how long she was visiting for and most people with any common sense would realise that parking directly opposite someones drive entrance would cause a problem.?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
At least you know who owns it.

Take a photo anyway, print it out and send to yourself in a registered envelope.

Next time you can happily bump her car if you need to get out of the driveway in an emergency, then claim off her insurance based on the fact she is a chronic obstacle to anyone on the public highway.

hoggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500ci+motorised
My Location
london
Channel Hopper said:
At least you know who owns it.

Take a photo anyway, print it out and send to yourself in a registered envelope.

Next time you can happily bump her car if you need to get out of the driveway in an emergency, then claim off her insurance based on the fact she is a chronic obstacle to anyone on the public highway.

good advice thanks C H.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Similar in our village - the lane is so narrow that it takes a couple of steering manoeuvres to get out of the drive and turn the required 90degrees. There are no parking restrictions per se, yet the vast majority of people have enough sense and decency not to park either directly opposite or a few yards either side and generally there is no problem.

But just occasionally some bright spark does - the last two were

a. The local Headmaster who spent half an hour parked there whilst delivering "flyers" by hand to all the village houses: When I pointed out to him the folly of his ways he used the same facile argument that "he wasn't there very long". How he managed to read the minds of me and my Wife to assure himself that we were not needing to get in or out of the drive in that time I do not know.

b. The Vicar, who was there three hours and was the recipient of a less than polite Post-It note stuck as assiduously as I could manage to his windscreen. Fortunately, as everyone here considered him an idiot anyway, he soon left for pastures new.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Tivù said:
b. The Vicar, who was there three hours and was the recipient of a less than polite Post-It note stuck as assiduously as I could manage to his windscreen. Fortunately, as everyone here considered him an idiot anyway, he soon left for pastures new.

I find gluing them with impact adhesive on the drivers door (about half way between window and bodywork) gets them noticed.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Channel Hopper said:
I find gluing them with impact adhesive on the drivers door (about half way between window and bodywork) gets them noticed.

Post-It Notes .................. or Vicars? :D

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Much more attention getting than a post it note on the windshield.

"Vicar Undergoes Surgery to Extract Potato From Anus

A 50 year old clergyman was admitted to Sheffield's Northern General Hospital with a potato stuck in his backside after he allegedly fell onto the vegetable while hanging curtains in the nude.

The A&E nurse who dealt with the embarrassed vicar, Trudi Watson told reporters " it's not for me to question his story" and added that the man underwent surgery to extract the spud from his anus.

Source: _www.thesun.co.uk"

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yuk.

"Spud-u-don't-like"

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
I get this problem quite often outside my garage, one particular car owner did it regularly and i could not track down the owner, my garage is a 1/4 of a mile from my house, however closer inspection of this car realised an out of date tax disc (2 months)

guess what i did!!!!!, and i haven,t seen the car since, its worth clocking things like this.

regards dave

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
sonnetpete said:
Much more attention getting than a post it note on the windshield.

"Vicar Undergoes Surgery to Extract Potato From Anus

A 50 year old clergyman was admitted to Sheffield's Northern General Hospital with a potato stuck in his backside after he allegedly fell onto the vegetable while hanging curtains in the nude.

The A&E nurse who dealt with the embarrassed vicar, Trudi Watson told reporters " it's not for me to question his story" and added that the man underwent surgery to extract the spud from his anus.

Source: _www.thesun.co.uk"

Well, he certainly had his chips... :-rofl2

CSB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Max-Digital XP1000 & DM500 that just keeps going (7 years)

1m TM for 28.2e, 23.5e, 19e & 13e. 60cm for 30w
My Location
London
Just block the offending car in. Bite your tongue. Turn up the stereo.

and Let them find you.

Jumpstart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
North East
Years ago, I lived in a residential street that was close to offices and shops.

Every morning, the lazy office workers would park their cars in a row outside my house and all along the street. They all lived miles away, yet the people in the street couldn't park their cars there when they wanted to. So we complained to the council.

'There's nothing we can do about it!!' they said.

So we asked for parking permits for the street. 'You can't have them!!' said the council.

Fed up, we moved. **it street! :mad:

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
2cvbloke said:
Well, he certainly had his chips... :-rofl2

Ahhh, he got the brown eye variety of spud.

_http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.cornell.edu/factsheets/Potato_PinkEye.htm