Analogue sat receiver replacement

CELINOU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG Digital Receiver, SRT 7400, HD, with TNT SAT card.
My Location
North Lincs
Hi
I have had an analogue sat receiver (for many years now), plugged in a small dish outside. With this dish and receiver, I manage to receive some french tv channels for free. With great surprise, when I plugged the sat receiver in my dvd recorder, the channels suddenly appeared in color instead of black and white!

Unfortunately, kids lost the remote control for the sat receiver: MANHATTAN LT 7600 PLUS MK III. I am trying to find a replacement remote control for it (nearly impossible) or maybe replace this receiver. However, I have little technical knowledge and do not know what to choose? which model to get to replace this one?

Can someone help me?

Thank you

dmgp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Superjack positioner, VU+Duo,Eagle, 1.2 Wineguard mesh dish
My Location
Berks
Hi !
there is very little analogue TV left so what satellite you are looking at would be good to know.I suspect it is one of the Telecom birds that are still up there. The reason you get B&W pics is because they are transmitted in the French SECAM system not the UK PAL. The video is linked wth video rather than RF so you got colour. If you can find the names of the channals you are getting, look them up on the web to see what satellite you are pointed at. I would think a replacement remote will cost as much as a new receiver nearly ! Have read through what is available on which satellite, decide what you want to see and then buy almost any of the new digital receivers and you will get hundreds of channels on most satellites. You will probably have to change the LNB anyway as it's internal oscillator is probably different from what is in use today for digital. Then you would have to realign the dish. DISH SIZE IS ALSO IMPORTANT. Hope this helps.
regards

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hes watching the French analogues on Atlantic Bird 3 at 5W :)

As for a replacement receiver - something like a Pace MSS series receiver can be picked up for pennies on Fleabay, or from car boot sales, friends, Freecycle etc

CELINOU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Lincs
Thank you for your info.
What specifications do I need to look for if I want to replace the Mahattan LT 7600 PLUS MK III?
I can buy an analogue receiver from France when I go there? will it work?

Yes, I am receiving French channels (TF1, France 3, France 3, arte,canal + when not coded and M6) via small dish, Atlantic Bird 3 at 5W.

I thought of buying a TNTSAT box but it looks too complicated to get the right infos on how to set it up.

CELINOU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Lincs
Analoguesat said:
Hes watching the French analogues on Atlantic Bird 3 at 5W :)

As for a replacement receiver - something like a Pace MSS series receiver can be picked up for pennies on Fleabay, or from car boot sales, friends, Freecycle etc
Hi
Thank you for your reply.
I do receive the channels (TF1, France 2, France 3, arte, M6) altantic bird 3 at 5W (i think so, I didn't set up the dish).

What specifications do I need to look for if I want to replace the sat receiver Manhattan LT 7600 Plus MK III? so that it does the same job but with a remote this time.

If I bought an analogue receiver in France, would it work ?

Thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Would it not be cheaper just to buy a universal remote as even here they do not seem to have one

_http://www.replacement-remotes.co.uk/