chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Satellite operator SES Astra is satisfied with the progress of its digitalisation campaign in Germany. "We are receiving broad positive feedback - especially from our retail partners, who are already enjoying an increased demand for digital receivers", said Wolfgang Elsäßer, managing director of Astra Deutschland, to trade publication Digitalmagazin.

"It is gratifying that manufacturers such as TechniSat, Humax, Samsung, Sony, Hirschmann and WISI support us. Politicians and media authorities have also largely endorsed our campaign, which will lead to an increase in digital satellite households and, ideally, a communicative impulse which will also be taken up by broadcasters - as soon as they know when they want to switch off their analogue signals."

According to Elsäßer, five million households in Germany still receive analogue satellite television via Astra. As every household has approximately two receivers, that means around 10 million digital satellite receivers could be sold, he explained. "That's great business for manufacturers and retailers."

Concerning a switch-off date for analogue television distribution, Elsäßer said: "As broadcasters are aware, for this large amount of receiver sales we need a certain period in advance. I think a two-year timeframe will be necessary to serve this potential." Elsäßer expects the last analogue channels to be switched off Astra's satellites by the end of 2012.

Source:RapidTVNews

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
We are expecting around 20-30 analogue channels to cease next year :(

compo222

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Cable
My Location
WEst Yorks
Hi. My wife just loves her analogue channels
and is worried she will lose the lot early next year! Is this so? Will she be able to buy a German digital box here in the UK?

Cheer, Compo222(David)

B][/B]
chris said:
Satellite operator SES Astra is satisfied with the progress of its digitalisation campaign in Germany. "We are receiving broad positive feedback - especially from our retail partners, who are already enjoying an increased demand for digital receivers", said Wolfgang Elsäßer, managing director of Astra Deutschland, to trade publication Digitalmagazin.

"It is gratifying that manufacturers such as TechniSat, Humax, Samsung, Sony, Hirschmann and WISI support us. Politicians and media authorities have also largely endorsed our campaign, which will lead to an increase in digital satellite households and, ideally, a communicative impulse which will also be taken up by broadcasters - as soon as they know when they want to switch off their analogue signals."

According to Elsäßer, five million households in Germany still receive analogue satellite television via Astra. As every household has approximately two receivers, that means around 10 million digital satellite receivers could be sold, he explained. "That's great business for manufacturers and retailers."

Concerning a switch-off date for analogue television distribution, Elsäßer said: "As broadcasters are aware, for this large amount of receiver sales we need a certain period in advance. I think a two-year timeframe will be necessary to serve this potential." Elsäßer expects the last analogue channels to be switched off Astra's satellites by the end of 2012.

Source:RapidTVNews

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
the empty transponders after the swtich off,will be used,for further hd tv transmisions in the future ..!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
compo222 said:
Hi. My wife just loves her analogue channels
and is worried she will lose the lot early next year! Is this so? Will she be able to buy a German digital box here in the UK?

Cheer, Compo222(David)

Many of the main channels will remain in free to air digital so any basic box will do.

Some of them will go no doubt go encrypted but thats in the future.