Been given this dish and LNB kit, but told it's rubbish

Pedr Ap Ioan

Reaction score
I live near Carmarthen in West Wales and have recently been given a brand new 60cm Sky Freesat Zone 2 Satellite Dish Quad LNB kit with a 2 year warranty, but I cannot get a local installer to install it.

I have only contacted local freesat registered installers who tell me that this kit along with similar kits supplied by Maplin, B&Q etc are all rubbish! These registered installers all try to get me to bin my new kit and buy a system from them which they insist are professional systems while the rest are Micky Mouse!??
:confused

This kit includes the new Mk4 Zone 2 Raven Sky minidish and the latest compact Zinwell Sky quad LNB, along with brackets and four bolts for wall mounting (if you want to pole mount it you need the V-bolt which is an optional extra). The Zone 2 dish is slightly larger for better reception and general performance, and will pick up more of the European satellites in England and Wales and will receive great reception in Scotland and Ireland for Astra 28.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nothing wrong with the zone 2 dish, better than a standard minidish for reception, I've used lots of them. I do tend to agree generally with the dishes in the B&Q and maplin dish kits, they are not the most robust in the world.

Wasn't aware there was such a thing as a "Freesat registered Installer"

PS. have edited your post to make it look less like an advert.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes, nowt wrong with a 60cm Sky Freesat Zone 2 Satellite Dish Quad LNB kit.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
That should be fine for freesat, 28.2E. I'm surprised no local installer will fit it for you, as it's usually a relatively straight forward installation, and most installers specialize in Sky work.
Why not try fitting it yourself? You can buy a cheap satellite meter, for around £6, and installation is quite easy, unless you need to install it in a difficult location, we even have a dishpointer application that makes it easier:
DishPointer | Satellite TV - Digital TV News & Help Forums
Beaten to it, I must learn to type faster !!!!!!

UK Sat Online

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Hd
2mb sometimes works broadband but most of the time is faulty
1.2metre dish with technomate 6800 sitting in shed will go up a some point
My Location
wirral
Can you post a picture of the dish as I am a little confused?

The “SKY” zone 2 dish which we are all thinking it is, is perfectly good and approved for Sky/Freesat installations. it is not a Maplins style dish which I find are bloody awful. things