HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
I guess I have to try the technomate lnb

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I was at Future electronics today. Business still up and running.

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Thanks Zorba, Finally I connected with Future electronics.

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
In my experience satellitesuperstore is the best company to deal with. They are proffessional and reply to customers with utmost efficiency. Sorry but future electronics is very slow.

Live link removed, please disable external links. Admin

geoffrey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4M ChannelMaster Offset with Smart Titanium TQS LNB. LG SMART TV with SuperTrack V-Box 2 on ChannelMaster 1.2M Offset. TBS5925 tuner with EBSPro on Windows 10 laptop. Satlook Digital NIT.
My Location
Israel
Yes - I was wrong - the ChannelMaster feed front end is only 3.5cm forwards of the front of a standard 40mm mount LNB. I have now tried a comparison on a ChannelMaster 2.4 Offset dish between the Invacom Quad C120 mount version on a ChannelMaster feed against the Invacom Quad 40mm mount with integral feed. I found that the performance figures on a Horizon meter were identical. I now suspect that the focus point for the proper ChannelMaster feed is not flush with the front of the feedhorn but about 3.5cm back where the waveguide starts.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
geoffrey said:
Yes - I was wrong - the ChannelMaster feed front end is only 3.5cm forwards of the front of a standard 40mm mount LNB. I have now tried a comparison on a ChannelMaster 2.4 Offset dish between the Invacom Quad C120 mount version on a ChannelMaster feed against the Invacom Quad 40mm mount with integral feed. I found that the performance figures on a Horizon meter were identical. I now suspect that the focus point for the proper ChannelMaster feed is not flush with the front of the feedhorn but about 3.5cm back where the waveguide starts.

Apology accepted. Now post some photos of 'before' and 'after'.

geoffrey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4M ChannelMaster Offset with Smart Titanium TQS LNB. LG SMART TV with SuperTrack V-Box 2 on ChannelMaster 1.2M Offset. TBS5925 tuner with EBSPro on Windows 10 laptop. Satlook Digital NIT.
My Location
Israel
Channel Hopper said:
Apology accepted. Now post some photos of 'before' and 'after'.
These are photos of the proper ChannelMaster Feed and C120 mount Invacom LNB and the Invacom Quad LNB with integral feed. The LNBs positions were peaked using a Horizon HDSM2 with no difference seen between the two setups. I also tried a Smart Titanium TQS with integral feed (supposed to be 0.1d:cool: and when peaked this was as good as the Invacoms (and rather cheaper).

Attachments

• Channel-Master-Feed.jpg
    Channel-Master-Feed.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Channel-Master-Feed-and-Inv.jpg
    Channel-Master-Feed-and-Inv.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Invacom-Quad-Integral-Feed.jpg
    Invacom-Quad-Integral-Feed.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Invacom-Quad.jpg
    Invacom-Quad.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Smart-Titanium-TQS-LNB.jpg
    Smart-Titanium-TQS-LNB.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 88

geoffrey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Israel
geoffrey said:
These are photos of the proper ChannelMaster Feed and C120 mount Invacom LNB and the Invacom Quad LNB with integral feed. The LNBs positions were peaked using a Horizon HDSM2 with no difference seen between the two setups. I also tried a Smart Titanium TQS with integral feed (supposed to be 0.1d:cool: and when peaked this was as good as the Invacoms (and rather cheaper).
Further to this post I have done some comparisons between the three LNB set ups on Astra 2A North Beam which is now a very marginal signal.
I peaked the the dish on 12226H (SKY2) as well as well as LNB position for each LNB.
Looking at E4 (on 2B North) the best LNB was the Smart Titanium Quad TQS - the optimum focus was with the LNB a little further forwards than I showed previously.
I enclose pictures of the Smart Titanium at its new peaked position and a screen shot showing E4 nearly locked with this LNB - with near complete sound.
The Invacom Quad with the proper ChannelMaster feed was marginally worse with only patchy sound and an even less locked picture.
The Invacom Quad with integral feed failed to get anything from E4 - it was apparent that although its OK on anything other than marginal signals its at the limit of its rearward travel in the clamp - its needs to go a little further backwards.

Attachments

• Smart-Titanium-TQS-peaked.jpg
    Smart-Titanium-TQS-peaked.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 65
  • E4.jpg
    E4.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 82

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
Nothing at the moment :(
My Location
Berkshire
so do you say that Smart Titanium Quad TQS is the best for weak signals?

I have a channel master 1.8 on nilesat and under heavy weather the signal begins to break up and would like it to be solid all year round.

Thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Nice pictures Geoffrey, and a clear description of the findings.

I am surprised you found the integral LNB outperformed the original feed and flange LNB, sometimes you find there is a transfer mismatch within the feed that shows up as a ridge, unless you take the cap off though, you may not see it.

mobutu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have a 80 cm sat dish with a topfield reciever(tf6000f)
My Location
tel aviv-yafo,israel
hi geoffrey
i also live in israel and i can pick up those two transponders without breacks-up with a cheap jackson 130 cm offset dish and a summit 0.1db from telran (12422h;12480. the first on 2Asouth and the second on 2A north.) so i was wondering how you fighting to get them on a ch-master 240 offset and by using some of the best lnbs. sorry that i still dont know how to download pictures ,i could have display them .

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
Nothing at the moment :(
My Location
Berkshire
because in UK we are out of the footprint, its very hard to get good signal

geoffrey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Israel
Channel Hopper said:
Nice pictures Geoffrey, and a clear description of the findings.

I am surprised you found the integral LNB outperformed the original feed and flange LNB, sometimes you find there is a transfer mismatch within the feed that shows up as a ridge, unless you take the cap off though, you may not see it.
The internal diameter of the ChannelMaster waveguide is 18mm. The Invacom C120 mount is a 1mm long flange which has a 19mm internal diameter. This is jointed to the complex internal waveguide of the Invacom.
I think that the most important point is that the point of focus for the 2.4 Offset dish seems not to be at the front of the ChannelMaster feed so any 40mm mount LNB with the correct match for the F/D ratio of the dish will work in the existing clamp.

geoffrey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Israel
mobutu said:
hi geoffrey
i also live in israel and i can pick up those two transponders without breacks-up with a cheap jackson 130 cm offset dish and a summit 0.1db from telran (12422h;12480. the first on 2Asouth and the second on 2A north.) so i was wondering how you fighting to get them on a ch-master 240 offset and by using some of the best lnbs. sorry that i still dont know how to download pictures ,i could have display them .
Hi Mobutu
Thanks for that - I have changed the post - I was peaking on 2A Sky2 and looking at E4 (12480) which according to Lansat is on 2B. I will confirm later that I can improve E4 by peaking on 2B.
Incidentally where did you get the Summit 0.1dB LNB ?

mobutu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
tel aviv-yafo,israel
hi again geoffrey
the summit lnb, you can get it in any satellite shop in tel aviv for 35 to 50 shekel or so.you can also try to contact telran tikshoret in azur. it is a black lnb with a yellow cap. a great lnb got me more than half of the astra h and some of the astra l at 19.2E with a 130 cm offset dish.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
geoffrey said:
The Invacom Quad with the proper ChannelMaster feed was marginally worse with only patchy sound and an even less locked picture.
The Invacom Quad with integral feed failed to get anything from E4 - it was apparent that although its OK on anything other than marginal signals its at the limit of its rearward travel in the clamp - its needs to go a little further backwards.
Now, put a Black Ultra on it and really see a difference.

mobutu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
tel aviv-yafo,israel
sorry but we don't have that lnb yet in israel.to my homeboy geoffrey. can you tell me where you get all those lnbs for fringe reception and especially the dish(ch-master)

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
mobutu said:
sorry but we don't have that lnb yet in israel.
You could be a pioneer then.

geoffrey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Israel
mobutu said:
sorry but we don't have that lnb yet in israel.to my homeboy geoffrey. can you tell me where you get all those lnbs for fringe reception and especially the dish(ch-master)
The Invacom LNBs came from the UK. The Smart Titanium came from UK eBay. The 2.4m ChannelMaster dish (now sold as the Skyware Global model 243 - company now owned by Raven in the UK) came from Linkcom-Telecom in Kiryat Aryeh. I also had quotes from Meltzer Communications in Kfar Saba but they were too vague about delivery cost. I also had quotes from Paradigm Communication Systems in Alton UK and Allsatcom Europe in Roubaix France. If you buy from a local communication company rather than doing a personal import you can avoid a big tax bill. Linkcom will sell antennas for self installation or will do the complete installation.

geoffrey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Israel
mobutu said:
hi geoffrey
Mobutu
Hi again.
What receiver are you using for 12480V and 12422H? Both are Videoguard encripted.
Also please give me a name and address of a good shop in TelAviv for the LNB.