redone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 800hd...
Zone 2 sky dish motorised..
Moteck 2100.. Dbox2 upstairs
My Location
uk
Hi guys, a m8 of mine has a nice quietish pub in a local village..

He has asked me to set him up with some saturday footy and if possible rugby league..

Anybody reccommend the most suitable package??

If i had to make the call..which i do lol i am thinking of Viasat Norway with TV2 SPORT EPL PL Channels= best price i have so far is around £1300 pa..
Would nova Greece be better value??

Really appreciate any tips

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Not really sure about rugby on foreign channels, I only know of Sky Italia showing 6 Nations. Personally, I'd go for Nova. Allways in English and great quality.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
6 nations is rugby union, I dont think there is any channels in europe that cover rugby league. I know orange sport in france show catalan dragons but that's about it.

both would be ideal but I think viasat show every game on there extra channels so look into that more.

has the pub had sky before as just watch out you dont have one of them people who go around checking to come in and spoil the fun.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Depending on where you are in the UK Viasat may need a biggish dish - its on the Nordic beam on 5E.

UK Sat Online

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Hd
2mb sometimes works broadband but most of the time is faulty
1.2metre dish with technomate 6800 sitting in shed will go up a some point
My Location
wirral
i can get viasat in the northwest with 1 meter dish 99% of the time.

Just be carefull as some people think because the pub is out in the sticks that no one will bother to check.

i have had a call just today from a landlord in a very rural area that had thier sky Italia shut off!!

redone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 800hd...
My Location
uk
Yes He has had sky in before but now cancelled!!

Am i wrong in thinking that sky/prem league don't check pubs anymore after "the landmark court case"?? And if they do check what can they do?

Do i need a designated receiver for Nova/tv2?

Thanx fellas

PS pub is in north west what size dish plz analoguesat for viasat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
redone said:
Yes He has had sky in before but now cancelled!!

Am i wrong in thinking that sky/prem league don't check pubs anymore after "the landmark court case"?? And if they do check what can they do?

Do i need a designated receiver for Nova/tv2?

Thanx fellas

PS pub is in north west what size dish plz analoguesat for viasat

The landmark court case is nothing more than an advisory at the moment - it will be MONTHS before the final judgement is given.

redone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 800hd...
My Location
uk
Following recent decisions made at the European Court of Justice, many publicans are now rushing to find different ways of viewing live matches!

The Premier League's spokesman stated: "It would be pointless bringing new prosecutions for foreign satellite screenings at pubs until after the landmark legal case in Europe" which is in about 2013.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Of course the FAPL & Sky could get rid of all these foreign subs overnight by giving the punters what they actually want - live 3pm kickoffs at a sensible price (especially for the pubs).

But of course thats far too sensible for them to consider.

If there are worries about falling attendances then give it a trial for one season to see what actually happens.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well the die-hard fans will keep going to the Grounds - I can't imagine their better halves allowing trumpets, drums and all the other "essential" paraphernalia to be used in the front room. Nor would peeing up the walls go down too well.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
redone said:
Following recent decisions made at the European Court of Justice, many publicans are now rushing to find different ways of viewing live matches!

The Premier League's spokesman stated: "It would be pointless bringing new prosecutions for foreign satellite screenings at pubs until after the landmark legal case in Europe" which is in about 2013.

That article was from 2008, not current, the decision is expected some time this year, not 2013.

redone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 800hd...
My Location
uk
rolfw said:
That article was from 2008, not current, the decision is expected some time this year, not 2013.

Nice 1 Rolf...Best o luck today mate against the Mancs..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks, think we'll need it.:)

I.LuV.ManUTd!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised with quad LNB, static 28.2E with quad LNB, VU+ Duo, DM500S, DM500S, DM800HD, Openbox S9.
My Location
Manchester
redone said:
Hi guys, a m8 of mine has a nice quietish pub in a local village..

He has asked me to set him up with some saturday footy and if possible rugby league..

Anybody reccommend the most suitable package??

If i had to make the call..which i do lol i am thinking of Viasat Norway with TV2 SPORT EPL PL Channels= best price i have so far is around £1300 pa..
Would nova Greece be better value??

Really appreciate any tips

For Rugby League it's either Sky Sports UK or OSN, which is on 7W (Nilesat 101). You will need a very big dish for that, not too sure what the exact size would be but I'm guessing more than 2m.

For Saturday footy, where about's in the pub located? You could get Viasat on 4.8E, depending on your location you'd need a dish ranging from 80cm to 1.2m+ for a strong and stable signal, they broadcast all 3pm games in English bar one, which is on their main channel and usually lacks the English audio.

Otherwise Nova Greece would be best, the dish isn't too excessive in size and you get a fair few football games, the commentary is in English 95% of the time as well.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
I.LuV.ManUTd! said:
For Saturday footy, where about's in the pub located? You could get Viasat on 4.8E, depending on your location you'd need a dish ranging from 80cm to 1.2m+ for a strong and stable signal, they broadcast all 3pm games in English bar one, which is on their main channel and usually lacks the English audio.

The game on Viasat Fotboll is sometimes is Swedish as well on the Xtra PL channel, this doesn't happen every week though.

I.LuV.ManUTd!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised with quad LNB, static 28.2E with quad LNB, VU+ Duo, DM500S, DM500S, DM800HD, Openbox S9.
My Location
Manchester
fergyc said:
The game on Viasat Fotboll is sometimes is Swedish as well on the Xtra PL channel, this doesn't happen every week though.

However that game, if duplicated on Viasat Xtra PL, may not always been in English as I previously have found out twice.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northumberland
I.LuV.ManUTd! said:
However that game, if duplicated on Viasat Xtra PL, may not always been in English as I previously have found out twice.

Yeah it's usually English but , like you said, has benn Swedish once