Help Required Best Satellite Dish for Feedhunting in the UK?

danaddison

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100cm Sat dish on Superior Dark Motor Metal Gear DiSEqC 1.2-1.3 USALS GotoX, connected to ground pole
My Location
UK
For 3°W you probably want 1.5m or larger. A 1.2m will get some feeds but many are too weak.

Last year the Glastonbury feeds (on 28.2°E) were just for the main BBC channels, not of the individual stages like previous years. The extra channels are iPlayer only again so I would expect nothing too exciting to appear on satellite.
what about Capital’s Summertime Ball? etc?

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
what about Capital’s Summertime Ball? etc?
I don't know, modern pop music isn't my thing so I never bothered looking for that type of event.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
If you look at the average age of a satellite dish owner here you’re probably looking at 60+ years or there abouts and make your judgment call based on their opinions and probable area of interests . On the other hand if you’re just after the nearly impossible to get satellite broadcast be willing to invest in the biggest dish and associated accessories money can buy. Asking the same question worded differently will not get you a more favourable answer. In other words, cut to the chase. Do you have the budget to handle the solution. If not you’ve already had your answer.