Best sources for larger dishes

luoto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ABCom IPBOX 9000HD; Easy-One S-HD1; Elgato EyeTV 310
My Location
North-west Finland
Hi there.

I would welcome hearing the wisdom of the forum's members about the current best sources for larger (2m-5m dishes) both for C-band and Ku-band in Europe. I am currently considering 1 x motorised dish in the 2-3m size range that can sweep circa 80e to 30w (are any arms so big) for both bands and maybe one fixed larger dish for C band.

Googling around seems to bring up a LOT of spam from Chinese manufacturers who want to sell a container full and a lot of forums posts otherwise are quite old (on the net generally). I have seen the range of "cheap Maplin" antennas online but they have quite bad reports by some. Would one of these do as the fixed cheap C Band dish in any case or are you really getting the equivalent of a c 1.5m dish for the "benefit" of taking up more space.

Now a supplier nearer to me in Finland would be great and, naturally, as affordable as possible. Getting back into the satellite tv/feed hobby after a break of, what, hmm, 18 years or so and my heavens a LOT has changed.

Thanks in advance.. Darren