Bloody wind!

andyxxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM800HD - Technomate TM600 - Technomate TM500 Super - SkyBox F5 -- Triax TD110 Dish on TM2600 Motor - Zone 1 sky dish
My Location
Newcastle, UK
Well, my patio mount lasted a healthy 4 years, 1 .5 years with an 80cm and 2.5 years with a Triax TD110, but last weekend the wind finally got the better of it and it ended up face first down in the garden. Shortly before ending up outside of the garden for the scrap men.

Unfortunately I'll probably not be replacing it because, as much as I enjoy tinkering with satellite systems, I have less and less time to do it these days. So I'm probably sticking to the minidish at 28.2. I've hung onto the mount and motor in the shed so may get another dish when I have a bit more time.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Same happened to me around three years ago - I did a Thread about it somewhere here!

Patio-mounted TD110 fell forward onto the arm (which was beyond salvation), but the dish itself was unharmed.

Triax would not supply the arm without a full "Fittings" kit, but a very helpful fellow Forum Member had a spare, fortunately.

The mount is now ballasted with 4*25kg Sandbags. Hasn't shifted since.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Same happened to me around three years ago - I did a Thread about it somewhere here!

Patio-mounted TD110 fell forward onto the arm (which was beyond salvation), but the dish itself was unharmed.

Triax would not supply the arm without a full "Fittings" kit, but a very helpful fellow Forum Member had a spare, fortunately.

I remember it well buddy..
;)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham

andyxxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM800HD - Technomate TM600 - Technomate TM500 Super - SkyBox F5 -- Triax TD110 Dish on TM2600 Motor - Zone 1 sky dish
My Location
Newcastle, UK

I remember that actually!

I could have probably got away with just a new arm too but I use it so little and my girlfriend's been wanting rid of it for a while so it didn't seem worth the effort.

IPTV has almost removed my need for a satellite system but it's nowhere near as much fun.