buy a sat dish

tim.staley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus
My Location
uk
can anybody tell me where i can buy a sat dish from i am in rojales costa blanca

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Whilst I'm sure the site sponsors may be able to supply you with the equipment, have you thought of sourcing a dish in your region - Guardamar & Torrevieja area.

I would imaging shipping a 190cm + Dish over seas would cost :)

tim.staley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus
My Location
uk
sateliteman i want to buy a dish there as it would cost alot to ship the only place i can find to buy one is carrafour but is sold with spanish freeview box and all i want is the dish as i am going to us freesat

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
using Technomate -5000 DAPCI,
Astra 2 South Beam and Eurobird in Spain.
My Location
Cornwall, UK
Have a look on the torrevieja.co.uk forum. There has been a lot lately concerning sat dishes and freesat along with mention of suppliers in the area. This is because of the recent demise of the local "microwave" tv. Local English language papers carry many adverts for installers and suppliers in the area. Remember if you want to receive all the freesat programmes you will need a 1.9 or 2.4 metre dish.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Before anyone asks, obviously my assumption, that of the o/p being in the UK as his location is given as that in his profile, was incorrect, I thought he wanted to buy to take with him to Rojales Costa Blanca. ho humO-zzz

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
My Location
Cornwall, UK
He didn't make it very clear Topper. I presume he is based in the UK, but either moving to, or has a place in Spain.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
irart said:
He didn't make it very clear Topper. I presume he is based in the UK, but either moving to, or has a place in Spain.

Exactly what I thought. The importance of making sure your original posts are clear and well understood :D

tim.staley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus
My Location
uk
sorry did not make it clear but i am in england and have a place in spain so not to worried about 1.9 dish was going to put smaller dish up and what i get will do with not being there all the time by what i have seen with others already having small dishs i think i will get about 12 channels which will do fine

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
My Location
Cornwall, UK
I have an apartment in Torrevieja (not too far away from Rojales), and with an 80cm dish receive all the channels on the Astra 1 south beam, and a lot from Eurobird 1.
A Sky freesat card (presuming you will be using a Sky digibox to receive your signal) will get you channel 5, Five US, and Fiver as well. You will also be able to receive all the BBC radio stations, and lots of others. You should get a lot more than twelve channels.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
irart said:
I have an apartment in Torrevieja (not too far away from Rojales), and with an 80cm dish receive all the channels on the Astra 1 south beam, and a lot from Eurobird 1.
A Sky freesat card (presuming you will be using a Sky digibox to receive your signal) will get you channel 5, Five US, and Fiver as well. You will also be able to receive all the BBC radio stations, and lots of others. You should get a lot more than twelve channels.

I think you mean Astra 2 :-rofl2

If your going to use a smaller 80cm dish and Sky box for South / Eb1 beam, don't forget you'll need to change the default Tp for the Epg. No need if using a freesat receiver :)

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
My Location
Cornwall, UK
Quite correct satelliteman, I did mean Astra 2 - it was a slip of the finger! Yes the default Tp is no good for down there, I use 12.129 which seems to work.

tim.staley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus
My Location
uk
could some one please tell me how i change the default Tp for the Epg.i have put dishs up before but never had to change anything

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
To change the default transponder setting on a digibox, you will first need to:

> Access the hidden INSTALLERS SETUP menu

> First press the SERVICES button on your Sky remote

> Then '4' to access SYSTEM SETUP

> Although it is not displayed, you will need to press '0' then '1' then SELECT to access the INSTALLERS SETUP menu

> Then select '2' to enter DEFAULT TRANSPONDER

> Select 'Frequency (GHz)'. By typing in the relevant numbers, change the settings from 11.778 to 12.129

> When the changes have been made, select 'Save New Settings'

> Press BACK UP to return to main screen

On the screen you will then see the Sky Welcome Channel or it will say 'searching for listings' please wait

Wait until Sky Welcome Channel appears and then start viewing

Upon return to Northern Europe, the system will automatically default back to the North beam default transponder frequency.

SM :)

tim.staley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus
My Location
uk
thanks for that satelite manwill give it a try when out in nov