Cable

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky satellite Freesat
My Location
Wales
Not sure where I was suppose to post this as I have a few questions. I am having a BBC Freesat box coming and I want to put the Sky box into the bedroom and therefore have to sort out the existing satellite dish. The dish has a single reciever (not sure of the technical name) and I want it to deal with both box's. I need an adaptor on my satellite dish to accept both cables.
The other question I have is that I have some coax cable 75 omes RG6/U. I am hoping that this will be ok as I hate wasting cable and I will have to dump it. I can't have an aerial here so have to go satellite.

Looking forward to your reply hopefully soon

Thanks

Tony

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Tony-photoplus

Well the adaptor as you describe it is a twin lnb to suit your existing dish (there are different brackets).

The cable is no good for satellite downlinks and is for UHF distibution within a house. Get CT100, WF 100 or equivalent, many places sell it. The cable you have will attenuate the higher frequencies too much so not advisable to use it

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky satellite Freesat
My Location
Wales
Thanks for your input I believe Screwfix has the part for the satellite dish so I will look there

Thank you

Tony

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
You can get cable from there too i believe theirs is called pf100:)