Can I reveal the transmission rate of ECMs/EMMs?

Herc11

My Satellite Setup
I do not own yet a equipment, but i want to buy one.
My Location
Greece
Hello to everyone,
I have a question to make. If I record the complete Transport Stream which is transmitted and then I ‘ll analyze it, can I reveal the transmission rate of ECMs/EMMs? I do not want to decrypt messages only to get their transmission rate. Is it possible?

gbrowne

My Satellite Setup
CM1.2m
Relook receiver
My Location
South coast of Devon
Hi Herc,

That would be a LOT of data, but it looks like this sort of thing is possible. Have you seen DVBsnoop for linux: h**p://dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net/

or a similar paid for windoze product: h**p://www.dvbstreamexplorer.com/analyzer/

I for one would be interested in hearing how you get on :)
How do you plan to capture the stream ?

Cheers,
G.

Herc11 said:
Hello to everyone,
I have a question to make. If I record the complete Transport Stream which is transmitted and then I ‘ll analyze it, can I reveal the transmission rate of ECMs/EMMs? I do not want to decrypt messages only to get their transmission rate. Is it possible?

Herc11

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greece
Hi gbrowne,
I 've seen those programs but I haven't used them yet. I 'll try to capture it with the help of a PC and a Hauppauge HVR-4000. But I’ m still not sure if I can accomplish it. I mean to identify ECMs and EMMs. Have you tried it?

gbrowne

My Satellite Setup
CM1.2m
Relook receiver
My Location
South coast of Devon
Herc11,

Do you use Linux or Windows ?
How will you capture the raw DVB stream ?

Cheers,
G.

Herc11

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greece
I prefer Windows I am not so familiar with LInux.
They told me that most of the PCI TV-Cards have the ability to capture transport stream with the help of the right software, for example Alt DVB. But I haven’t tried it yet.

Herc11

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greece
Has anyone else tried to capture full Transport Stream and if he has succeed it, what programmes did he use?