parm21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
Over the weekend we had cctv installed at home, the guys installed rf modulator so we can watch it on all tvs, however since that day my magic eye has stoped working however the light on eye is on. I just cant change chanels.
Any idea why this could be.

we have a 8 way booster in the loft that beams sky around the house.
any help would be great.

thank u:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Magic Eyes require a 12V electricity supply to work correctly. Chances are the modulator doesnt pass it. Its easy to find out if thats the problem - just disconnect the modulator temporarily bypass it and see if the magic eye works again.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like it has been installed on the input to the TV Link capable amplifier, but doesn't allow return path for the IR commands. It need to be installed prior to the aerial going into the digibox, not after.:)

I would guess that there is a cable join in the loft of aerial cable and living room cable feed, this is where the modulator needs to sit. If this is not possible, there is a bypass unit which can be fitted to either side of modulator _http://www.tvlink.co.uk/bypass.htm

parm21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
i unplugged the modulator and plug the cables back the magic eye still had power but was not able to change chanel could the eye be faulty

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If the eye was working before the modulator was installed and was not touched afterwards, it is unlikely that it is at fault.

Put the eye onto the cable in the loft which feeds the amp (should be from RF2 on the digibox) and see if it works.

parm21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
thanks guys
worked after moving modulator thank u