channel 5 HD

VKSEM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 super combo, motorized and oval dish
My Location
London
Hi
We have purchased second hand thomsom sky + hd box, found up sky and paired our freesat sky card with the box.Done the latest software update but wecan not found channel 5 hd .And also is it possible to to use record function (the box has 250gb hard drive ). Thanks for your help and have a great weekend.:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can only record if you pay Sky the tenner a month "recording tax" (Apart from in a few rare cases where the fsfs card allows it!)

Thompson boxes are notorious for having missing channels caused by failing capacitors in the power supply sub system.

Pop the top off the box and see if any of the little cylindrical components are bulging or leaking. The caps are usually embossed with a Y or a T on the top of the casing.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CLEAR!! The components can store enough charge to give you a nasty shock long after its been unplugged!

VKSEM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 super combo, motorized and oval dish
My Location
London
Thanks for the info, channel 5 HD poped in this morning ( maybe the update took longer than i expected ).It is shame about the recording that you would have to pay to use the function.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Murdoch World is all Take.