Darwin Awards time again

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Local to me, earlier on this month

A 20-YEAR-OLD male sustained serious head injuries after apparently "surfing" on top of a train.

Emergency services were called to Walton station shortly before 8am after reports of an injured man on top of the 0732 Woking to Waterloo service.

The guard ordered the passengers off the 12-carriage train to allow paramedics to attend to the man.

He was taken by ambulance to St Peter’s Hospital in Chertsey.

One man who was travelling on the London-bound train said: "The staff told us to get off the train and then the platform.

"I heard that there was someone surfing on top of the train.

"I didn’t see anyone up there but I saw members of the emergency services go up."

A spokesman for British Transport Police said the incident was currently being treated as "unexplained".

"Officers are working to establish how the man came about his injuries and are currently conducting further enquiries to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident," he said.

Trains were disrupted on the line up to London, with an average delay of 15 minutes to services.

A South West Train’s spokesman said: "We apologise to passengers who experienced delays this morning while the emergency services dealt with the incident."

Attachments

• TraiSurfer.jpg
    TraiSurfer.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 33

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
But apparently he survived so carries the possibility of passing on his defective genes.

Shame.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
According to the writers of _www.youtube.com/trainsurfing

The German law allowes to ride outside having a valid ticket. :-nuts

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Channel Hopper said:
According to the writers of _www.youtube.com/trainsurfing

The German law allowes to ride outside having a valid ticket. :-nuts

Yeah that could be, but consider this: It is probably the last thing left in Germany which is not forbidden. Also, most Germans think that everything is already forbidden anyway, so they just don't do stuff like this :-rofl2