Diesel Mechanics, Engine/Injector Experts please - Nissan 2.3d engine Vanette/LDV Cub

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Channel Hopper said:
Thanks.

Ive never had an injector fall apart before, no matter how much chip oil/kebab grease/lard I've thrown at it
LOL ...... just do what I do CH, 5Ltrs of petrol to every full tank of oil! Prevents waxing etc and cleans injectors.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I haven't started running this van on anything outside the garage forecourt as yet, but it has already given me grief.

mountainman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
digital dish/freeview 80cm dish on astra28.2/amstrad drx550 f.t.a. no subcription to sky. fortec star lifetime ultra plus with fortec star h-h motor on 80cm dish, old prima pace on old 60cm dish used as a floater/various sats
My Location
wales
Hi channelhopper
did as you said took the box/telly down to shed, changed a couple of f connectors and it all now works, put it all back in the house and yes it still works with over80mtrs of cable run down to the dish, fantastic result, thanks for all your help.
p.s. I have today sold my ldv cub, so good luck with yours, they are good vans once you get them sorted. Regards to everyone who contributes to this site its a big help

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Good to hear it (the dish working, not the van selling). The Vanette E is somewhat different to the LDV as it has a lower roof, single rear door and no gutter rails for fitting the roof rack. But the same ubiquitous 2.3 under the seat, trouble reaching 70mph, and a gung-ho approach to overtaking. But it is warm and comfortable even carrying a one tonne load.

Thanks again for your advice on the pipes. :-worship