Digit Alb - what's it's like?

EDW

Reaction score
I am going to buy a card for the footie and was thinking of getting a DigitAlb card as they are on special with extras chanells for 135 for 14 months but have heard that the pic quality is poor, low bit rate. Any views?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
think it should have improved now as they have an extra transponder

also make sure your reciever can handle the symbol rate used on the channels as some cant

tapfit2004

lula member
Reaction score
Website
livesportsontv.eu
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
fortecstar
sl65
quali tv ir
4 digiboxes
dragon cam
funcard7
sm3d12 motor
wavefrontier t90
90cm dish
1m dish
My Location
dublin, ireland
i had it last year and the reception was ok, they dont show as much football as art so i am going for one of them instead. they do have 5 good film channels and the rest of the package is good. overall its very good value as a total package, but i wanted art as they show every prem game live plus a good bit more sport, pity the rest of the art package isnt as good as digitalb.

EDW

Reaction score
They are adding five sports chanells-supersport.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
if you just want footy then go for an art card.Art sports 1 to 6 and also Aljazeera sports 1 + 2

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
please dont be fooled too much by these new "bonus" channels called supersport.

the footy will be moved from the premier channels onto these "new supersport" channels.... and after some time, you will be epexted to pay more for them.

art for me

icebergx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital
My Location
London, England
How much more English footy is on Art versus Digitalb?
Is Digitalb likely to show the same amount of Liverpool games (does Digitalb focus more on big clubs or is their selection of games random/equal for all clubs over a season?
I'd like the ART package but do watch stuff other than football sometimes.

Thanks for all your help.

EDW

Reaction score
Check games on the excellent LJ's site.

h**p://liveonsat.com/

not much to choose between the two but ART has the edge for EPL.

icebergx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital
My Location
London, England
If I buy the Digit Alb card, is there any chance of getting any Prem football that they don't show (maybe patching the reciever?)
Or,
If I get the Art card, is there anyway of getting any other English channels (maybe getting a rotating dish instead of a fixed?).

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
the art card would be the better buy as they show more football matches. theres not many english channels on other satellites unless you subscribe to foregin tv packages as they sometimes have english language option

patching reciever will get more channels but just depends what is open at the time

MattJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox, Technomate 5500, Humax CR-5510 and Comag Porty 2
Dragon CAM
45/80cm mesh dishes, 35cm solid dish, Triax TD110
My Location
North-West England
Can anyone confirm whether or not todays games on DigitALB had Englsih commentary - I heard that the Liverpool game didn't...

EDW

Reaction score
ART showing all five games!
DigitAlb - none.

me123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP+
motorised receiver
without diseqc
90cm dish
My Location
Derbyshire
All prem games on Art plus fa cup, carling cup on al jazeera 1,2. I got the 12 month art sport carte including al jaz all for £110 (ebay). Theres Champions League too. All Art games have English commentary, today David Pleat and Robbie Earle were co-commentators for the Man U and Chelski games. No half time or post match analysis in English but so what?
I got the 14 month digitalb card for £149 (alsat). It's worth it for the movie channels (not seen any footy on digitalb yet except man u tv and chelsea tv on premium 3), the drawback is not knowing in advance what films are showing. Satdude on this site gives listings for the premier channel, but I don't know where to find listings for the others. If it's footy it has to be Art, but £260 (£5 a week) for a year or so of footy and films is good value and better than Sky. The English channels BBC 1,2, 3, ITV 1, 2, 3, 4 ,Filmfour, etc are all free on Astra 2.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I believe that any Digialb cards purchased after 25.08.06 will not show Prem footy. Those bought before will be ok.

I will check out this info when I've seen anymore on it.

isomies

Reaction score
Does ART show all champions league as well, and if so, is it with English commentary?

Bit confused about DigiAlb at the mo. I have seen elsewhere that Prem footie will continue with a premium card but that French and German leagues will only be shown the new supersport channels.... but this is all second hand.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
alsat forum you want to go there as the user darkman that runs the forum has links with digitalb and has info about the supersport channels etc

yes art does show champions league football but with arabic commentry though

smante1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 Ci, DreamBox 500S, 1.2 M SatChaser dish, Jaeger 18inch Actuator, PowerCam-Pro, Dragon Cam 4.1
My Location
hounslow, london
DigitALb is a fantastic card if you want an all round entertainment as you get a great mix of movies, adult, comedies, documentaries, football etc.

ART cards for me is the best as they show a fantastic variety of football from Scotland, England, Germany, France, Arabic countries, Asian, African etc.

Apart of ART 2 which sometimes have poor reception, the reminder of the ART channels have good reception.

Go for the ART 1-6 + Al Jazeera Sports 1&2 as you get 8 great sports channels there and you can get one for as low as £125.

me123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP+
motorised receiver
without diseqc
90cm dish
My Location
Derbyshire
The adult stuff on digitalb is very tedious, just like on taquilla and multivision. Makes we wonder if one company makes all these films for all the world!

EDW

Reaction score
gall said:
hello I am gall I have a strong box 6155 with a microwave arial I can anyone help me I have lost all my programs and I can't seem to get them back.
don't know how to program the box.

Dude, you seriously should not hijack a thread like that. Sheeeesh.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London