Diseqc motor and dish recommendations

jpsr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 channel master, cm polar mount, 12 inch actuator, Andrews feedhorn, Inverto lnb, Superjack positioner, Dreambox dm 500s, Protek 9600ip, 1m channel master with black ultra & 1m gibertini with technomate twin output lnb on astra 1/2, TM 5200 & 1000
My Location
Mullingar, Ireland
Hey.
Im looking to upgrade to a new motorised dish setup.
I've used some different dishes and motors in the past, I never leave them up long to see their overall performance, always chopping and changing, but I'd like to install something that's lasts this time.

I was looking at the new triax 1m dish, the 1.1 seems to be discontinued.
I've seen a galvanised steel and aluminium versions.
Motors I'm not too sure of.
I hate rust and the stab seems to be great for staying rust free, but the one I took down jad some play when I moved the dish left to right with my hand, and wasn't staying at its true position because of it.
Any recommendations would be great.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Your profile suggests you have a 1.2m so why not stick with it ?

jpsr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 channel master, cm polar mount, 12 inch actuator, Andrews feedhorn, Inverto lnb, Superjack positioner, Dreambox dm 500s, Protek 9600ip, 1m channel master with black ultra & 1m gibertini with technomate twin output lnb on astra 1/2, TM 5200 & 1000
My Location
Mullingar, Ireland

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
What was the stab rotor connected to if not the Channel Master ?

All dishes at the same sort of price bracket as the Triax will perform roughly the same out of the box if not damaged. I would be more concerned about the quality of the packaging which it comes in to avoid disappointment on the door.

Most offset dishes these days have a clamp arrangement that will work with the Moteck DiSEqC motors, almost everything out there is branded , or a clone. Stick with recognised names.

jpsr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Mullingar, Ireland
What was the stab rotor connected to if not the Channel Master ?

All dishes at the same sort of price bracket as the Triax will perform roughly the same out of the box if not damaged. I would be more concerned about the quality of the packaging which it comes in to avoid disappointment on the door.

Most offset dishes these days have a clamp arrangement that will work with the Moteck DiSEqC motors, almost everything out there is branded , or a clone. Stick with recognised names.
I had a go at putting a 1m channel master dish on a stab motor, just to test for myself, as I like to try things out.
I used 2 threaded bars parallel to the shaft, because the azel mount on the cm took around 60mm.
In the end the wind moved the dish round the shaft a slight bit and lots of backlash.
I previously had the stab on a 1m gibertini, which already had backlash.
What's the best diseqc motor that has the least backlash.
Thanks.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Backlash is adjustable on most of the Moteck style motors, a 6mm allen key on the casing.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
have u considered going down the 36v route - using a Jaegar SMR 99 on your 1m CM? - Ive recently gone away from DISEQ \ USALS motors and thus far happy with the 36v arrangement - pros and cons to all i guess.