Advice Needed dish issues.

bluejimmy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD twin tuner one to sky dish other to positioner
My Location
NW england
hi all
Im new to this forum as have tryed others but still havent been able to find someone who could advise.
im not new to this which is why it is more frustrating.
right here goes ive had 3 dreamboxes before all conecterd to my positioner and all worked well not sure the dish is perfectly set up and i have never used usuals but always able to access 4 sats with out a problem.
i upgraded to a DM8000 some months ago and set up the twin tuners one with a spare on the sky dish the other to the positioner but never moved it from 13deg
i have since tryed to tune the positioner to more sats but am now in a BAD place. its now moved to 28 deg and now will no longer move. ive connected my old 600 and can nw move it but east only i can move it back but only as far as 28deg then it stops.and wont move any further west.which is where all the sats i want are.
I think ive got 2 problems the 8000 wont move the dish ( but did move it to 28deg in the 1st plasce) and there is somthing stopping it moving past 28deg.
any advise would be greatly appreciated as ive even thought about getting a man out but that is a hard thing for me to do as ive managed it all before without an installer.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hiya bluejimmy, welcome to the forum. :)

Sounds like either a software limit has been set or a hardware limiter is set actually on the motor.

Mark Hargrove

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised dish with Tm5402 receiver, sky dish with sky hd receiver, freesat in 2nd room
My Location
Bristol
Could be limits set up wrong or just a worn cog in the motor, suggest you factory reset the DM8000 and then if you still have problems buy a Technomate tm2600 m2 diseqc motor

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The query is from seven months ago, so I suspect it's resolved (one way or another!) by now :)