DM-8000 - Gentlemen, start your engines!

cfphoenix

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Hi mates

I was wondering whether the DM8000 will be using the same Emulators as the 7025s.:confused

Any ideas?

Cheers.

martinw01908

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
The big question on my mind is will this box do standard def tuners as well as HDTV? At the moment I'm in the market for something that does, or has the potential to do both.

stvy

My Satellite Setup
DM7020-s
My Location
norway
Hi,

I have one question..... With the fact that you can have a slot for an optical drive, the potential is there for a blu-ray drive being installed and then a software update for blu-ray read and write functionaility.

Now a blu-ray drive is currently VERY expensive but it will come down sometim this century.

What would seal the deal for me is if the DM800 supports output of 1080p via the optical drive or hard drive. I know that there is very little chance any satellite broadcasts are going to be done in 1080p, but via internet download or blu-ray we will soon have access to 1080p media.

So if it can do that then I will buy one. as it will solve my HDTV sat and blu-ray player problems all in one. PERFECT.

Cheers

Stvy

Mexicos

My Satellite Setup
DM7020 - Satandream Special Edition V6
NFS mounted / 2Gb Memory stick
My Location
UK
Will it play avi (divx) clips though :D

yazooo

My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Looks very handy indeed. I might have to get me one of those when it comes out, just what I've been waiting for. Glad I held off getting the Sky HD box.

OldBen

Mad Scientist
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
stvy said:
Hi,

I have one question..... With the fact that you can have a slot for an optical drive, the potential is there for a blu-ray drive being installed and then a software update for blu-ray read and write functionaility.

My undersatanding (as the prices were rocketing and I bought a technomate in the end!) is that Dreambox's run Linux.

Once the kernal or a third part driver supports the blu-ray drive why not?!

If the Dream software realises you are trying to archive to a "30GB DVD" or not is anotehr matter of course ;-)

Paul

martinw01908

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
The trouble is, when will it come out? 2 years ago there was a release about a similar dreambox with DVD drive but not HD, 7085 I think it was. It never came out! And I was patiently waiting for it.

cfphoenix

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
martinw01908 said:
The trouble is, when will it come out? 2 years ago there was a release about a similar dreambox with DVD drive but not HD, 7085 I think it was. It never came out! And I was patiently waiting for it.

And even if it does come out, there will likely be bug in the first release :), as with most releases :-rofl2

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
woohoo... how excited am i !!!!

You can build an HTPC

course you can, i would have a normal Dreambox 7000 over one of them.... so an 8000 :D

dont care if its £1000... im having one ;)

stvy

My Satellite Setup
DM7020-s
My Location
norway
Hi,

Does anyone know what the release date will be?

I have heard of september but of course that is only rumour or is it?

I don't want to wait until the new year!

Cheers

Stvy

easysat

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
stvy said:
Does anyone know what the release date will be?
I have heard of september but of course that is only rumour or is it?
The DM8000 is supposed to be on display at the IFA Exhibition taking place right now in Berlin, so maybe the release date is getting closer!

stvy

My Satellite Setup
DM7020-s
My Location
norway
Hi,

I emailed these people dreamboxshop and they replied today and said 4 weeks till they have it in stock for sale.....

Sounds VERY interesting....

Cheers

Stvy

PDM

My Satellite Setup
DM7020-Si & Sly+
My Location
Central Europe
I would bet you will not get a DM8000 in your hands before December 2006 at least ;)

rparkera

My Satellite Setup
Metronic motor, Zone 2 dish and Touchbox3 receiver; DM500S; motorised SS2; Maplin satellite suitcase for travels
My Location
S W Wales
Hi guys
What's the latest news / facts / rumours on the DM800 - or has it disappeared off the radar?
Ta in advance

_stu_

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
Some dealers are taking pre-orders, although you won't see one before Jan 2007 at the earliest.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well at the moment, there isn't enough to watch to warrant me buying an HD TV and then HD satellite receiver, so the Dreambox timing will suit me fine. :)