Dm 800se hd

ZX998R

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Multi room, controlled by TV in each room through magic eye, CT100 and 2 cat 5 cables to each TV from loft where equipment is.

Cat5 network in each room for computer network fed via router in loft. 2 desktop and 2 laptops in use altogether.
My Location
North East Uk
hi there, totally new to this so sorry if this is in the wrong section and already discussed.

I have SKY+ multiroom and want to change the 2 boxes for Dreambox items and am looking at the 800SE HD and the 500HD as I need a HDMI outlet for the setup I'd like to do. Also would either of these boxes pause live TV? :confused

Does anyone know if I am on the right track with this or can suggest a better alternative, also where the above boxes can be purchased please ideally setup for the job.

Thanks for any help

gando

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX dm800
My Location
uk
The DM800se has a pause live tv feature and I believe it gets stored on the hard disc which you are best to install in order to record any programmes and also to keep the EPG stored. This is an extra which needs to be bought on top of the bare box
There is also an HDMI socket outlet giving first class video.
I am sure you will be told from certain parties in this forum that Dreamboxes are hobby machines and not retail consumer items and that part of the fun is having the learning curve of how to build and maintain it. Not sure if this is 100% true but it is how we all started. There are lots of forums and guides to help make it perform how you want

ZX998R

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Multi room, controlled by TV in each room through magic eye, CT100 and 2 cat 5 cables to each TV from loft where equipment is.

Cat5 network in each room for computer network fed via router in loft. 2 desktop and 2 laptops in use altogether.
My Location
North East Uk
cheers for that gando. Will see if I can find one for sale now and see how I get on. Box 2 can wait until I get the first one up and running. These boxes seem quite rare on the web so am guessing they are new, have you any idea what to pay and a good friendly supplier who may have one?

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
if you want a DM800se you can only buy a genuine box as it is new like you say (which isnt a bad thing IMO) _http://dream boxshop.co.uk//index.php?cPath=21(remove the space)
if you want a clone DM800 ive used this place a couple of times and had great service _http://ukdreamshop.co.uk/

ZX998R

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
North East Uk
Thanks Andel, read through some more threads and found Satstore UK mentioned a few times so bought one from there a little earlier so just need to sort out IR extenders and a HDMI splitter before it arrives to get things going! can see me been in here a fair bit in the next week or so ...........