Dm500s fries the cards

darkam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY
My Location
Jacinto Machado
They say that the Dm500s fries the cards of the SKY, this is really? Who say could me what if the respito of this must be made aiming at that does not happen

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Don´t think so, really.
Never heard about it.

I use NDS (not sky) and they are still alive :)

A nonymous

Reaction score
It depends which Sky card hes on about. As far as i know it fries the 093b Sky Italia NDS 3 cards if setup incorrectly :eek:

darkam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY
My Location
Jacinto Machado
nanochickin said:
It depends which Sky card hes on about. As far as i know it fries the 093b Sky Italia NDS 3 cards if setup incorrectly :eek:

you could give an aid to me of as to make the correct installation of card NDS in the DM? I am alone Brazil I have difficulties with English if you will be able to be patient I am grateful, work with systems linux the 7 years, to put still I have the deficiency of the language

A nonymous

Reaction score
Every different providers NDS type card has its own little quirks which can make it difficult to use in the Dreambox.

They are in essence all NDS but they are what you could call different flavours. For example Just because CCcam can open for instance a Sky UK 0961 card it doesn't mean that it can open a Viasat 090f card as it may have a slightly different flavour which cccam doesn't like :eek:

I have no experience using any card from outside of Europe as do i doubt any other member here will have either :(

Not sure how much help anybody can be on this forum. If you have heard reports of a DM500 burning your particular card it is more than likely that your card is a 3.5v card much the same as a Sky Italia 093b card. I think the DM500 uses 5v if i'm not mistaken which could explain why its frying your cards.

There is a modification you can do on the 500 which requires using a soldering iron and adding a resistor or something like that. This allows the box to output the lower the voltage to the card reader , although as i don't own a DM500 i couldn't tell you exactly what the mod is or how to do it.

Unfortunately you will need to keep looking unless anybody here can enlighten you.

:-beer

Nano

darkam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY
My Location
Jacinto Machado
nanochickin said:
Every different providers NDS type card has its own little quirks which can make it difficult to use in the Dreambox.

They are in essence all NDS but they are what you could call different flavours. For example Just because CCcam can open for instance a Sky UK 0961 card it doesn't mean that it can open a Viasat 090f card as it may have a slightly different flavour which cccam doesn't like :eek:

I have no experience using any card from outside of Europe as do i doubt any other member here will have either :(

Not sure how much help anybody can be on this forum. If you have heard reports of a DM500 burning your particular card it is more than likely that your card is a 3.5v card much the same as a Sky Italia 093b card. I think the DM500 uses 5v if i'm not mistaken which could explain why its frying your cards.

There is a modification you can do on the 500 which requires using a soldering iron and adding a resistor or something like that. This allows the box to output the lower the voltage to the card reader , although as i don't own a DM500 i couldn't tell you exactly what the mod is or how to do it.

Unfortunately you will need to keep looking unless anybody here can enlighten you.

:-beer

Nano

Obliged Friend, More I see that already sky in dm 500 is used to put the people whom the success in the aid has then thus does not look aid of voces. More thanks a lot worse and the difficulty to buy these DM therefore in Brazil does not exist here