Dm600pvr Enigma2 TestImage of 100214

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Hi Friends !

Here is the new updated version of the TestImage - hope you like it.

Features

enigma2-2.7git100212

Quick-buttons

Blue (short press) - Extra setup
Blue (long press) - Extensions
Power (short press) - Standby
Power (long press) - Shutdown menu
INFO (short press) - event info
INFO (long press) - Graphical multi epg

Led

Standby - red led
Recording - blinking red led

Please note :-

This image is particularly suitable for installing in flash.
If installing in flash - it is very important use the feature "Increase available memory" soon after first bootup.

High definition (HD) skins BrushedAlu-HD and dmm-HD have been modified for the non-HD boxes. These have been further modified for this image to hdd versions so that, when installed, they use only 1 kb of flash memory each.

Special facility to copy media files (mpg, mp3, mpeg4, divx, dvd) from pc to dreambox hdd and play later directly from the hdd without pc.

Note: When you remove (uninstall) a skin via Addon Manager - check that it is deleted from /usr/share/enigma2. Sometimes ipkg remove does not work completely !

Extra Setup includes :-

Readme (very important). All Readme files are in folder /etc. Please copy and translate (with google for example) if necessary.

Softcam-manager

Increase memory : Necessary for flash install

Addon-manager : Download and install addons

Software : Additinal software items necessary for plugins

EPG : Two methods e2_loadepg and EPGUpdate/ViewEPG. Method e2_loadepg is described in the Readme. For the EPGUpdate method - configure source and update with plugin EPGUpdate. Once epg is updated - view with plugin ViewEPG.

Subtitles : Change ttx subtitles size and colour

Media/MountManager : Cifs and Nfs mount configure,
MountManager,
Copy media to dreambox

User-Script manager

Inadyn, Pmt.tmp, Crond configure

Picon

Infobar date language : Change date language

Streaming media from pc to dreambox : vlcplayer, youtubeplayer etc.

Streaming tv to pc : Install webinterface. On pc open webif browser.
Click on tv icon. Select Open to start VLC.

Configure VLC 0.8.6 :- Settings - Preferences - Iinterface-Main Interface - Select Advanced - Select h**p and in h**p Hostaddress insert :8080

Settings - Preferences - Video - Select Fullscreen output

Settings - Preferences - Stream output - Default stream output chain - insert #display :sout-all and select all boxes.

Available for download from server :-

Plugins

vlcplayer-enigma2-testimage_1.0_powerpc.ipk
youtubeplayer-enigma2-testimage_1.0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-myspaceviewer_1.01_all.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-musicvideos_0.1_all.ipk
nrkplayer_0.1-r0_powerpc.ipk
svtplayer_0.1-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-filebrowser_1.0_powerpc.ipk
barryallen.v4.6.56_1_powerpc.ipk
tuxtxt_0.1-r0_powerpc.ipk
cccaminfo-v1.3_svn-2736-r0_powerpc.ipk
permanentclock_2_powerpc.ipk
mediacenter.v0.92_1_powerpc.ipk
dreamexplorer.v1.5_1_powerpc.ipk
graphmultiepg_1_powerpc.ipk
epg2cf-enigma2-testimage_1.0_powerpc.ipk
epg2usb-enigma2-testimage_1.0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-skintransp_0.4.0-r0_powerpc.ipk
googlemaps_2.6cvs20090407-r0_powerpc.ipk
mosaic_2.6cvs20090407-r0_powerpc.ipk
webcamviewer-pictureviewer_2.6cvs20090407-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-autotimer_2.6cvs20090407-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-emailclient_2.6cvs20090407-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgsearch_2.6cvs20090407-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-orf_1.0_all.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-zdfmediathek_0.1.0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-fritzcall_2.6cvs20090820-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-httpproxy_2.6cvs20090820-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-logomanager_2.6cvs20090820-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediadownloader_2.6cvs20090820-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-passwordchanger_2.6cvs20090820-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-simplerss_2.6cvs20090820-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-startuptostandby_2.6cvs20090820-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-trafficinfo_2.6cvs20090820-r0_powerpc.ipk
enigma2-plugin-extensions-webinterface_2.6cvs20090820-r0_powerpc.ipk

Skins

brushedalu-mod_1.0_skin_powerpc.ipk
brushedalu-mod-hdd_1.0_skin_powerpc.ipk
dmm-mod_1.0_skin_powerpc.ipk
dmm-mod-hdd_1.0_skin_powerpc.ipk
Nemesis.GlassLine.II-mod-tunhj1_1_powerpc.ipk
x2line_1.0_skin_powerpc.ipk
lt-chromeline-cobolt-mod-tunhj1_0.1-r0_powerpc.ipk
blueline-metall_1.0_skin_powerpc.ipk

Software

python-pyopenssl_0.6-r0_powerpc.ipk
twisted-web_8.1.0-r0_powerpc.ipk
python-crypto_1.9a6-r1_powerpc.ipk
python-html_2.5.1-ml3_powerpc.ipk
python-imaging_1.1.5-r1_powerpc.ipk
python-shell_2.5.1-ml3_powerpc.ipk
python-textutils_2.5.1-ml3_powerpc.ipk
twisted_8.1.0-r0_powerpc.ipk
twisted-web2_8.1.0-r1_powerpc.ipk
zope-interface_3.3.0-r0_powerpc.ipk
python-email_2.5.1-ml3_powerpc.ipk
twisted-mail_8.1.0-r0_powerpc.ipk

Many thanks to all the friends of TestImage for encouragement and advice, in particular to erdbeere for the new bootlogo !
Also special thanks to DragJusto of w*w.4Reackt.net for providing the addon server !

Regards, pcd.

Download from here :-

h**p://dreampcd.hostzi.com/TestImage/Image/

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
Why are you refering to the DM600 as enigma2? I thought the 600 was E1 only?

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
andel said:
Why are you refering to the DM600 as enigma2? I thought the 600 was E1 only?

This image is an enigma2 image for the 600pvr. :)

Cheers, pcd.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Some screeshots from this image ! :)

Attachments

• screenshot7.jpg
    screenshot7.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 72
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 65
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 58
  • screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 60
  • screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 59
  • screenshot6.jpg
    screenshot6.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 55
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 57
  • screenshot8.jpg
    screenshot8.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 52

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
I'm considering installing this on my 600. How does the EPG work? ie Radio times or sat mate ect

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
It is nice to know it is available, but why would I want to criple my DM600 with E2 - E1 is much faster and stable than E2, which is no surprise as it does not use scripting for everything, instead it uses compiled programs. It's a bit like putting Vista on your PC rather than XP.
I use Rytec EPG on OpenPli on my E2 boxes. I used to use E2_LOADEPG, but it is very unreliable compared to Rytec's. As the image is not based on Nabilo you will need to use E2_LOADEPG or a plugin (from above).

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
shumifan50 said:
It is nice to know it is available, but why would I want to criple my DM600 with E2 - E1 is much faster and stable than E2, which is no surprise as it does not use scripting for everything, instead it uses compiled programs. It's a bit like putting Vista on your PC rather than XP.

You don't have to use it ! If you do not want to use it why are you posting in this thread ? I had to visit here just because of your pointless reply ! :)

On IHAD board about 2000 users regularly use this image - so I thought people here might be interested.

Cheers, pcd.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Thanks for the valid contribution PCD, your knowledge and experience is always welcome mate.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
PCD: I was not having a go at you or the image and think that my post on this thread is highly relevant.
I posted on this thread as not all people have Enigma1 and Enigma2 boxes and might therefore not be aware of the difference. They might think that being enigma 2 (the 2 being critical) that it is better as it is newer, which is not true on boxes with slower processors like the DM600( because E2 is mostly script based=python). This is also why I did not post the same comment on the DM7020 thread, as I don't have one and don't know how quick , or not, the processor is, but I do now the 600 is quite slow.
As I stated, thanks for another option, but I will not use it. But the rather rude reply is not appreciated.

Andel: The best EPG I have found for Enigma2 is the one provided by Rytec at _http://www.rytec.be. This also works the same on E1, so if you have E1 and E2 boxes, the look and feel is very similar. Full installation instructions is on the site. I used to use E2_LOADEPG but it not reliable enough and has limits on the number of events(channels * programs * days) it can process.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
shumifan50 said:
PCD: I was not having a go at you or the image and think that my post on this thread is highly relevant.
I posted on this thread as not all people have Enigma1 and Enigma2 boxes and might therefore not be aware of the difference. They might think that being enigma 2 (the 2 being critical) that it is better as it is newer, which is not true on boxes with slower processors like the DM600( because E2 is mostly script based=python). This is also why I did not post the same comment on the DM7020 thread, as I don't have one and don't know how quick , or not, the processor is, but I do now the 600 is quite slow.
As I stated, thanks for another option, but I will not use it. But the rather rude reply is not appreciated.

Andel: The best EPG I have found for Enigma2 is the one provided by Rytec at _http://www.rytec.be. This also works the same on E1, so if you have E1 and E2 boxes, the look and feel is very similar. Full installation instructions is on the site. I used to use E2_LOADEPG but it not reliable enough and has limits on the number of events(channels * programs * days) it can process.

What I pointed out was that your comments/opinions on this image were/are meaningless if you have not used this image.

Why are you trying to put off people from using this image if you have not tried it yourself ?

FYI - this image uses the Rytec xmltv method.

Cheers, pcd.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
EPG : Two methods e2_loadepg and EPGUpdate/ViewEPG. Method e2_loadepg is described in the Readme. For the EPGUpdate method - configure source and update with plugin EPGUpdate. Once epg is updated - view with plugin ViewEPG.
FYI: The original post indicates that available EPGs are the addon epgupdate/epgview and E2_LOADEPG, not rytec's EPG.

I am not trying to steer people away from this image, but I think they should be aware that there will be a performance hit.
Enough said about that.
Anybody that would prefer Enigma2 should install it; In the end it is a matter of choice and this image does provide a further choice as I said in my first post.

roberto mafara

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600C1 DM800HD Vu+Duo
Laminas ofc 1200 triax 1100
Black ultra lnb
My Location
BenissaCosta Costablanca
Hi PCD great work I have a couple of questions 4 u
1 cannnot change language in menu

2 if i change the skin dvb goes into reboot loop

apart from that i have got it running fine.

First I run it with barryallen but I could not download plugins was getting error so I flashed the image and every addon is installed.

I have uploaded a fully working image with hannnibal latest setting at satuniverse if anyone is interested.

What I cannot get to work is this epg program I will have to study a bit more this linux boxes are new to me

Thanks for the good work PCD

Jano59

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR
My Location
DK
Having trouble with tuxtxt, we use TVTXT alot so its quite critical for us.

Othervise we love this image, the subtitles are crisp, the quality on the TV is great. Maybe the menus should be keept a little hidden cause its very easy to the lesser neerdie to find their way arround :-)

Anyone got TUXTXT to work ?

Jano59

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR
My Location
DK
Maybe I should elaborate a littel on my challanges with TUXTXT, it loads fine seems to cache the pages, shows page 100.
TV picture and sound still running fine in the background, but uhuhuhuhuuuuu it does not at all respons to the remotes signal, so I cant even exit from it :-(

Tried to load different softwares even all posible with not prevail.

Only way for me to exit TUXTXT is to unplug the power cord.

I am just so in love with this image it works like a charm, I for one cant feel that it is slow, it might crash if I fidle to mutch around in the settings but that OK.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Hi Jano59 and roberto,

I am sorry there is a problem with tuxtxt. After I added a patch to have button "long press" feature in this image - tuxtxt stopped working. Until I can find a solution - you have to choose between long press or tuxtxt. If tuxtxt is important for you I can post an enigma2 file which will make it work again. Let me know if you want it.

Cheers, pcd.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
roberto mafara said:
Hi PCD great work I have a couple of questions 4 u
1 cannnot change language in menu

2 if i change the skin dvb goes into reboot loop

apart from that i have got it running fine.

First I run it with barryallen but I could not download plugins was getting error so I flashed the image and every addon is installed.

I have uploaded a fully working image with hannnibal latest setting at satuniverse if anyone is interested.

What I cannot get to work is this epg program I will have to study a bit more this linux boxes are new to me

Thanks for the good work PCD

1. Languages - I have only put in a few languages. If you want a particular language I can post the file here.

2. Skins - surprising. Which skin you are trying ? I have not tested all of them recently !

3. I will make the epg feature simpler in the next version.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers, pcd.

Jano59

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR
My Location
DK
PCD said:
Hi Jano59 and roberto,

I am sorry there is a problem with tuxtxt. After I added a patch to have button "long press" feature in this image - tuxtxt stopped working. Until I can find a solution - you have to choose between long press or tuxtxt. If tuxtxt is important for you I can post an enigma2 file which will make it work again. Let me know if you want it.

Cheers, pcd.

You just made me a very happy man :-)
Personally I would prefer tuxtxt before long press, since I easily am able to find this elsewhere.

I allready decided to fight the challange with tuxtxt, simply because this is the best image I have seen for a long time and promise a longer life for my dm600 :D

This one is for you and your great work: :-worship :-worship :-worship :-worship

Heries my email if you need it!

[Moderation] Email Removed

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Hi Jano59,

Please find attached these 3 files :-

enigma2
enigma2.sh
enigma.py

First rename the existing file /usr/bin/enigma2 as enigma2.orig (for safety in case the new one does not work properly). Then ftp the 3 files to the folders shown inside the zip file. Chmod (the new) enigma2 and enigma2.sh 755.

Reboot and try tuxtxt. Good luck ! :)

Cheers, pcd.

Jano59

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR
My Location
DK
Thanks ALOT!

It works like a dream :)

In the previous image I had, there was a backup function.
Can I do some sort of backup?
I saw in another forum that someone made an NFI file with a "preconfigured" Dm600pvr Enigma2 TestImage, this would be supernice for me since I love to play around with my box, but my wife & children also likes to watch sattv :-}

PCD, is this the place to come with feedback or are there some other forum for this?

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Jano59 said:
Thanks ALOT!

It works like a dream :)

In the previous image I had, there was a backup function.
Can I do some sort of backup?
I saw in another forum that someone made an NFI file with a "preconfigured" Dm600pvr Enigma2 TestImage, this would be supernice for me since I love to play around with my box, but my wife & children also likes to watch sattv :-}

PCD, is this the place to come with feedback or are there some other forum for this?

The main feedback place for my images is the i-have-a-dreambox forum. This image is now called Pcd1.1. :)

I will think about the best backup method.

Cheers, pcd.

Status
Not open for further replies.