Dreambox 500 - JTAG Information

Vilsa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nix
My Location
France
Hi,

i have suggessfull wirte one DM500 with the dos tool.
But now it is importen i can write a xxx.bin bootloader.
I would like to you the Windows Programm (DreamFlash for Windows v0,1) and i only become this
Error:register test faild
Check you JTAG/LTP1 connection and/orr adjust you voltage regulator

What can i do now ?

THX 4 all help

zago1819

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
My Location
italy
hi friend i was make it now working perfect thanks

J

JYAPGR

legitkrillin said:
the flash .. well it come up Dreambox Dm500 board initialize
Flash info. : INTEL Unknown
and thats it .. it will not go any further then that ???? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hello ,

You have to follow the windows guide and not the command prompt one.
Thus because it not support your Intel Flash chip .
So you have to try many times to connect .
First press connect and almost the same time add the power plug .
It depends of the CPU performance .

Good Luck

John

:cool:

legitkrillin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500-s

amd 2000+
My Location
ireland
thanks a mill lads i finally got it going with some effort..... thanks for all the help.. my dreambox is happy again.. i installed the edg - nemesis SWEET.. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Gemini can go and jump!!!!!

Swiftysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Maxview Crank Up
Dreambox 600 PVR
Gemini 4.4
Cccam2.09
My Location
UK
Hi, I unwittingly bought a clone and thanks to these posts I have got bootloader installed. I have unsoldered the jtag cable and now I get no LED's or anything else. I haven't got a R232 cable yet. Will everything spring into life when that is connected or have I done something wrong?

fah00d

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500s
My Location
bh
JYAPGR said:
Dear mates ,

This is a guide that we create after a successful recover of a dead dm500s . It contains photos and automated scripts .

Greetings from Greece .

Jyapgr - Jxid

Link:

_http://www.zshare.net/download/11517582c93539b5/
:-doh2:-doh2:-doh2

Very special thnx for the link

you helped me alot

Thank You Again :)

J

JYAPGR

Swiftysat said:
Hi, I unwittingly bought a clone and thanks to these posts I have got bootloader installed. I have unsoldered the jtag cable and now I get no LED's or anything else. I haven't got a R232 cable yet. Will everything spring into life when that is connected or have I done something wrong?

Hello ,

This is not correct , the green led must turn on after jtag procedure .
Are you sure it ends successfully ?

Give us some details about .

John
:)

Swiftysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Maxview Crank Up
Dreambox 600 PVR
Gemini 4.4
Cccam2.09
My Location
UK
Hi, I downloaded the zshare.net guide and followed that. Had no problems reloading. The LEDs stayed on whilst the JTag was plugged into my computer, but went out when I unplugged it. Had no response at all from remote. Have since tried all kinds of reloads in all kinds of combinations. Can now get green LED on after reloading, but not off remote (Batts are new). Only comes on when mains lead is plugged into the back. Absolutly no conection from computer to dreambox using either R232 or LAN. Just about ready to bin it and buy something else DM600pvr!!! (Genuine) When it comes to mac addresses and stuff like that I haven't got a clue what to do.

shanek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM500
My Location
NZ
I have a genuine Dm500 with Gemini 4.40 on it working now, but have a second Dm500 (clone) ordered and on its way to me, is there any way i can change its Mac address so i can put the 4.40 of gemini image on this one also without issue or was this a once of issue and i can safely put this image on my clone ?

Shane

J

JYAPGR

Swiftysat said:
Hi, I downloaded the zshare.net guide and followed that. Had no problems reloading. The LEDs stayed on whilst the JTag was plugged into my computer, but went out when I unplugged it. Had no response at all from remote. Have since tried all kinds of reloads in all kinds of combinations. Can now get green LED on after reloading, but not off remote (Batts are new). Only comes on when mains lead is plugged into the back. Absolutly no conection from computer to dreambox using either R232 or LAN. Just about ready to bin it and buy something else DM600pvr!!! (Genuine) When it comes to mac addresses and stuff like that I haven't got a clue what to do.

Hello , Sorry for the delay but in Greece is vacation period.
So , lets take it from scratch . You have jtag successfully the dm 500 .
The led stays on after jtag cable disconnect.
To proceed with flash you need a null cable . This is a specific cable with pins 2-3 3-2 5-5 4-6 6-7 7-8. This is the correct pin assignment . However it may work just with the three pairs 2-3-5 .

Now you are ready to flash , use only dreamup soft and serial cable only .

Try again .

Good luck .

John:)

J

JYAPGR

shanek said:
I have a genuine Dm500 with Gemini 4.40 on it working now, but have a second Dm500 (clone) ordered and on its way to me, is there any way i can change its Mac address so i can put the 4.40 of gemini image on this one also without issue or was this a once of issue and i can safely put this image on my clone ?

Shane

Hello ,

Really i can not understand you ,
You prefer to install a time bomb image instead to use another one bomb less such as EDG NEMESIS 4.2 .

Whatever , from gemini blue panel download and install the qSUB plug in .
After mac update you can uninstall it .
Then with DCC soft go to /var/etc and find the init file . Edit the file , in the line "ifconfig eth0 down hw ether 00:12:25:2f:78:89
ifconfig eth0 up " put any MAC address that you prefer, exit and save .
You are ready .
John:cool:

polar45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500, xp
My Location
NA
I've read through the thread a couple times, and I have a question. Most of the posts refer to the Alps tuner. If I have a genuine DM500 Philips tuner do I need to use the Windows or the DOS version? Or either?

J

JYAPGR

polar45 said:
I've read through the thread a couple times, and I have a question. Most of the posts refer to the Alps tuner. If I have a genuine DM500 Philips tuner do I need to use the Windows or the DOS version? Or either?

Hello ,

Hm , good question , try the dos , if not work for it , then windows . It depends of the Intel flash .

The 1st one is easy the 2nd is tricky .

However you can't damage the damaged ......!!!;)

J

JYAPGR

Dear Mates ,

You will find under a bomb less version of Gemini 4.40 for Dm500s (not plus version ).

Thats all for now.

Greets:)

John

_http://rapidshare.com/files/138209977/GP440_DM500_mv_xdmod_lite_without_bomb.img.zip.html

angusc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 - Nabilosat v0.8 AG /
DM500 - Gemini 4.2 /
XSAT 430 /
Xcruiser 250 /
H-H Motek 2100A /
1m Dish /
SATS: 146E, 138E, 134E, 122.2E, 108E, 95E, 75E
My Location
English living in China
JYAPGR said:
Dear Mates ,

You will find under a bomb less version of Gemini 4.40 for Dm500s (not plus version ).

Thats all for now.

Greets:)

John

_http://rapidshare.com/files/138209977/GP440_DM500_mv_xdmod_lite_without_bomb.img.zip.html

Thanx for the share on this, however due to the possible gravity of installing this 4.4 version and the possible devestating effects of it going "bang", please could you also share the source of this Image and any link to further discussions about it......I'm keen to try it but would like to read more before i do!

J

JYAPGR

angusc said:
Thanx for the share on this, however due to the possible gravity of installing this 4.4 version and the possible devestating effects of it going "bang", please could you also share the source of this Image and any link to further discussions about it......I'm keen to try it but would like to read more before i do!

Hi ,

This is the link ,
_h**p://www.satdream.ru/forum/index.php?topic=1283.0

There is also Gemini 4.31 Bomb less .I do no speak the language so it's
up to you to read the site with a translator .

John:)

Bruce79

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
My Location
south africa
I made up a jtag cabe and download jtag_windows.exe
changed my comos settings to ECP+EPP in device mannager/ports/ecp printer port (Lpt1) I selected never use interrupt
but when I run jtag_windows.exe it gives me the error
"could not determine parallel interfaces on your pc !"
I am running Xp would like to get my box going please help!!!

selector

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, Multifeed Gibertini 105
My Location
Mediteran
Jtag adapter without soldering for DB500

Attachments

• jtag adapter unitedSat.jpg
    jtag adapter unitedSat.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 922

Bruce79

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
My Location
south africa
This is how I made and connected my Jtag cable.
is it right ?

8079u6

Bruce79

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
My Location
south africa
Image was not loaded here is the link

<uploaded by a moderator>

Attachments

• DSC00142.JPG