Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
ezeo said:
Just so i'm clear mhku wot areas are off target on here just incse i cross the line?

I think the rules are pretty clear on this if you would care to read them

* Card Sharing. We are happy for you to discuss the techniques, but we do not allow soliciting for members or advertising card shares and do not recommend that anyone does so in open forum or news group. This rule is for your protection, not ours.

The full rules are http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...7-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting.html

ezeo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
BSKYB dish plugged straight into my Linuxsat box, cccam installed as my default s\w cam
My Location
North West
What is the most common method of card sharing? I have been swamped with info about this topic and have waded through. On one forum it talks about creating cards but how viable is that?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
ezeo said:
What is the most common method of card sharing? I have been swamped with info about this topic and have waded through.
Read up on CCcam, Its one of the most popular EMU's.
ezeo said:
On one forum it talks about creating cards but how viable is that?
This has nothing to do with CS. There are cards available that can be programed to open some foreign packages.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
In simple terms, you have a few mates each with a different card and a Dreambox.

Each friend configures CCcam to allow the other friends to access their card. You are then sharing your card, as are your friends and is known as card sharing.

It is also illegal.

ezeo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
BSKYB dish plugged straight into my Linuxsat box, cccam installed as my default s\w cam
My Location
North West
For educational purposes (obviously) would key bundles be the method of sharing boxes?

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
ezeo said:
For educational purposes (obviously) would key bundles be the method of sharing boxes?
No. The clue is in the title"Cardsharing" you are sharing the entitlements that are on your card to open various channels. A host box has a fully paid up card and the owner of this shares his card to others he chooses to share with via the internet connection on his receiver. This is done with software cams, like cccam which seems to be the most popular one at present. There is a superb cardshare tutorial on this site and B16MCC has posted a how to on here also

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
There is also the case where you can share the card in your own house in different rooms, instead of buying another similar subscription card.
Would this still be regarded as illegal?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
HB13DISH said:
Would this still be regarded as illegal?

Interesting question HB and I am not aware of any test prosecutions in the UK. To be logical and sensible if there is no transfer of information outside the premises that has a valid subscription I do not see:-

a. How anyone could know about it as even extreme lengths such as interception of outgoing web traffic would show nothing as the sharing takes place on your local home network?
b. I doubt this would happen anyhow unless the project was scaled up to the point where it was considered abuse i.e. in a hotel for example where a tangiable financial benefit was gained.

There again I am no lawyer/soliciter/barrister, but I certainly do not know of any such a precedent being set

ezeo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Does anyone know how i can view the channels in my CCcam.providers file?

I have a list of channels in there but none come up when i look at my channel listings