Dreaming with fedora

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Gemini Enigma 22-07-2008, Moteck SG2100 Motor, 8M Broadband, 80cm dish
My Location
London
Hi all,

'been looking through the forums but haven't seen what I need so far.
I'm currently running Fedora 7 on my PC and was wondering if any body can guide me as to the best way I can utilise my system to download keycodes to my 7025s Dreambox.
Is there a GUI version of Dreamup that I can use on Fedora or is it less hassle to do everything with Windows ?

Thanks.
:)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
DreamUP is for flashing your Dreambox not for loading keys.

A simple way is to use an FTP client of your choice and FTP the keys to your Dreambox. The other way is to run a plugin like satanUpdater on your Dreambox.

Neither are affected by your o/s.

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Gemini Enigma 22-07-2008, Moteck SG2100 Motor, 8M Broadband, 80cm dish
My Location
London
Thanks mhku.

Is there any particular ftp recommendable or is there some ftp software with fedora that is adequate ?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Filezilla. It's available for all platforms: _http://filezilla-project.org/

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Ok, I've got the software installed, can somebody confirm what username and password is needed to connect. I thought it was root for the username and dreambox for the password but it doesn't seem to like it. Not too sure of the port number either.
Also do I need to install an initial satan program before the updater, I see a program on the satan website called Satandream_Special_Edition_V5-360-dm7020-multiboot_OE.rar or similar, I couldn't see the forementioned updater program on the site.
Is this what I need ?
Thanks

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
heyjoe said:
Hi all,

'been looking through the forums but haven't seen what I need so far.
I'm currently running Fedora 7 on my PC and was wondering if any body can guide me as to the best way I can utilise my system to download keycodes to my 7025s Dreambox.
Is there a GUI version of Dreamup that I can use on Fedora or is it less hassle to do everything with Windows ?

Thanks.
:)

You can use Tuxbox Commander to update files DIRECTLY from the 7025S
There is a great thread by lovelyperson in the Idiot's Guide.
It is convenient if you only need to make few lines changes.
But for a large file, use FTP application.

If you have a Dreambox Keyboard it will make life a lot easier than using the remote.
On the otherhand, if you have a USB connector at the back of the box (I think it has), then you can connect any keyboard with a USB connector to type online to the files, in liason with the PC Keyborad.
I use a mini keyboard by A Tech and it is very cheap and very convenient. (W/O keypad)
Look for Dreambox Keyboard in the idiot's Guide.
Remember to restart the box to make the changes take effect.

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
OK HB13, I'll give it a go, I've been needing to get a new keyboard anyway.
Thanks.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The default username/ password is

root
dreambox

Using a PC is a whole lot easier and quicker than messing about with Dreambox keyboards, remotes etc. to upload keys, unless you enjoy that kind of thing...

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
I've located your ftp guide mhku, for some reason I'm still unable to connect, tried a few different port numbers, are there other "options to set" that I may have overlooked ? (using Linux not Windows)
Ta.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
port 21 is the default. Can you telnet into the Dreambox? You've setup the communication page and you're using it on a LAN?

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
I'm connnecting it via a router, have tried using the test wizard in filezilla which says it doesn't recognise the IP address, had to leave for work just after I found the settings option so haven't had time to understand the configuring.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Your Dreambox and computer are on the same subnet? The communication page is setup correctly?

Here's my Dreambox Site Manager screenshot, it shows an IP address for the Dreambox of 192.168.0.11:

Attachments

• filezilla.jpg
    filezilla.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 41

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
heyjoe said:
Thanks mhku.

Is there any particular ftp recommendable or is there some ftp software with fedora that is adequate ?

I don't understand the problem. Surely you can open ftp://pc-ip with Konqueror and copy the key files or anything else you want into the dreambox ?

Regards, pcd.

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
The site manager produces pretty much the same output for me (apart from the IP address of course ) and I can ping the box from my PC

Attachments

• Screenshot-Site Manager.png
    Screenshot-Site Manager.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 43

heyjoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Problem solved finally, IP address on the box needed adjusting.

Thanks for the help everyone.