DVB-H from morroco in tenerife!!!

Dan Dan

My Satellite Setup
19/26/28 1m
My Location
tenerife
while scanning a spanish freeview box i got two stations from morroco,thats 75km away....talk about channel interference:-ohcrap

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Nice result ;)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Great result. Final switchover stage here today for Sandy Heath. Will have to see if anything as exotic turns up whilst retuning :D

Dan Dan

My Satellite Setup
19/26/28 1m
My Location
tenerife
nfo
aflam tv AND TAMAZIGHT
snrt DVB-H
UHF CH50

SERVICE ID 0007

_www.tamazight-tv.ma
_http://www.aflamtv.ma

Unparsed URl's - Admin

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
We have DVB-H services in Helsinki. Some DVB-T boxes show the channels in the EPG lists but won't decode anything and some ignore the channels altogether. Where you able to get any video or audio?

fergyc

My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Pontop Pike's my transmitter, last to turn off :) Prefer pressing 1 to watch the news than having to turn the freeview/satellite box on and then press 1/101

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Snap. Pontop Pike - currently only one MuX available. Sometimes.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Llew said:
Great result. Final switchover stage here today for Sandy Heath. Will have to see if anything as exotic turns up whilst retuning :D

Sandy is one I work off, and can just get reception here. As far as I know, SDN are moving to ch31 for a short time.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
satelliteman said:
Sandy is one I work off, and can just get reception here. As far as I know, SDN are moving to ch31 for a short time.

Yes, on CH31 now. Still waiting for ArqB to come down in September from CH67, very low signal here - missing Film4.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Yes ch67 is always a difficult one to pull in.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Too lazy to work out the distance, but for fun on a job I pointed the TDT antenna out to sea from Mojacar and picked up around 20 channels from Algeria, Knew it was from there not because of the channel names, but because the weather forecast was on! :-righton

ArPCPro

My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65 80cm dish
PC: 2600K + 16GB DDR
My Location
Europe
Just 75km? Probably you're getting them from Laâyoune, that is the closest Moroccan city in straight line that I think it has a DVB-T transmitter. And that is more than 300km from Tenerife.

According to _ww.snrt.ma/tnt.php they have already these cities covered:
Casablanca, Benslimane, Mohammedia, Rabat, Salé, Skhirat-Témara, Khémisset, Sidi Kacem, El Hajeb, Moulay Yacoub, Fès, Meknès, Tanger, Asilah, Tétouan, Oujda Nador, Berkane, Taourirte, Figuig, El Hoceima, Marrakech, El Kelaa Sraghna, Agadir, Inezgane, Laâyoune, Béni Mellal et Khouribga.
tnt_map.jpg

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Llew said:

FWIW I took our aerial down after DSO up here. (Selkirk was the first main tx to be done)

It was damaged and was on the point of falling off the soffit boards anyway. It never recovered after a heavy snowfall about 9 or 10 years ago which bent the end mount...... (it was a 10 quid cheapy from B&Q which worked fine for analogue and just about worked for ITV Digital when we didnt have any money)..

I tried to relocate a higher gain aerial at the bottom of the garden to get around the increasingly thick trees but that degraded the signal so badly due to the cable length I eventually gave up and decided we would be satellite only in future.

The solution has worked fine for us - we havent needed dtt at all since I took the aerial down. :D

One day I'll take the aerial into work and hang it off the ceiling in my office to connect to the dtt box that is sitting in a filing cabinet. I can ahem find a telly from somewhere. :D