Fortec Star Passion+ Help

woody2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion + from maplins
My Location
derbyshire uk
Hi all sorry if this is in the wrong place its the first time iv'e ever posted on a forum. I bought a Fortec Star Passion+ system from maplins 4 weeks ago but because of the weather only just managed to get it going im having problems getting all the channels available signal strenth is 72% and quality is 22 to 53% i got rid of the fskuvn single lnbf and put the quad lnb A05FT from maplins. The reciver is set. lnb freq universal,transponder 10788v22000,lnb power on. the only channels im getting are bbc hd,bbc1,channel 4,itv2-3-4,e4-more 4,e4+1 and more 4+1 and then there very poor quality i got the local satellite man out to set the dish and he says its perfect but still when i scan for channels i get poor reception can anybody please tell me what im doing wrong:confused many thanks for any help in advance for any help:confused

stevd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat
My Location
Nottingham
I had similar problems last year took me a week to get all ok. the best thing is the improve you pick up quality it should be more than 60% average, try to use a satellite finder which is basically a good thing the have as you need it many times or your TV should be visible from your dish position, try to adjust keeping an eye on the TV (set to menu then satellite option) have patience and start moving one side at a time, if nothing changes try to slightly adjust your LNB rotating it the cable side towards the right, as with mine the problem was solved as I adjusted the polarity. If you donot have obstruction to the dish then you should get over 70-75% signal and atleast 60% quality.