FoxSat HDR - freesat & non freesat 28.2 and 19.2

ched999uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone 1 sky type dish with quad lnb @28.2e, zone 2 sky dish with octo lnb @ 19.2e and Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
Sunny Blackpool
Just installed a zone 2 dish(19.2e) with Diseqc switch to connect existing dish(28.2e) to my Humax FoxSat HDR on lnb 1 input. Used dishpointer to get an idea where to 'aim' dish, I zoomed in so the image just showed my house and the ones behind and I could see that I needed to line up on a certain point of the house behind and I found 19.2 very easily, dishpointer was very very accurate, thanks to everyone for all advice.
Did factory reset, then the HDR found the diseqc switch and scanned 28.2 no problems. Then went into secret menu and set up 19.2 via diseqc B and did a scan. All went great 0ver 350 tv fta channels good signal and quality on all sats.

I also have Raydon Modified Firmware installed.
So I edited the channel list to add the RTL channels to the freesat listing as I want to be able to record the F1.

Is this all I need to do to be able to record non freesat channels and do the recordings appear in the normal media directory?

If that is it and I am up and running then I am amazed!

Thanks very much to everyone who contributes to this forum you have made my installation a breeze.

ched999uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone 1 sky type dish with quad lnb @28.2e, zone 2 sky dish with octo lnb @ 19.2e and Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
Sunny Blackpool
Not that this has anything on most of the installs here but thought I would add a photo:
1_Zone2.jpg

You can see the lcd tv, receiver, sat finder, spirit level etc. :)
Sorry feeling quite pleased with myself. :)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Uh oh. You've got the bug. You do know that you'll now want a bigger dish/motor etc etc?

Nice job there though!

ched999uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sunny Blackpool

statalite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nova-HD-S2, Dr HD D15, Free sat V7S, Free sat v8 finder V-71HD
Zone 1 @ 28.2°E
Zone 2 @ 19.2°E with 28.2°E and 13.0°E
Channel Master 1.0m (to be setup)
Channel Master 1.2m (to be setup)
SMR 1224
My Location
UK Midlands
Looks like you have found it easier than I did in locating 19.2 signal wise. It must be so much easier when the equipment is there around you, a luxury I don't have. Looks like you have done a great job. :)

Quick question: with Raydon's firmware were you able to edit the transponder list or just simply add that individual channel?
Is the non freesat mode ok now with recording?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Quick question: with Raydon's firmware were you able to edit the transponder list ....

You can Edit the Transponder list only in the hidden menu for non-Freesat>> and by "Edit", I mean Add TPs using "User Define"

I've never found a way to Edit or Delete pre-existing stored TP's.

ched999uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sunny Blackpool
Looks like you have found it easier than I did in locating 19.2 signal wise. It must be so much easier when the equipment is there around you, a luxury I don't have. Looks like you have done a great job. :)
Quick question: with Raydon's firmware were you able to edit the transponder list or just simply add that individual channel?
Is the non freesat mode ok now with recording?
It was much easier with a big flat roof to sit on with all the kit close to hand. I would not have attempted it on a ladder.

With Raydon's fw I used the web interface to access the channel editor menu. I then changed the 19.2 channels (not tp) to be freesat channels. This means that in freesat mode you can see the 19.2 channels that I changed in the guide.
I do still need to sort out recording. Did a quick test last night. I can instant record on non freesat mode the 19.2 channels. But so far I have failed to use schedule to record 19.2 channels that have been moved to freesat guide.

I will post back when I get a solution.

ched999uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sunny Blackpool
I tried few recordings last night. I had added RTL channels to the freesat guide using the Raydon FW and the channel editor.
HDR in freesat mode: I selected RTL from the guide (no programs listed) then yellow (Schedule) then edited a blank slot to create a timer. I selected the RTL channel then set a time and selected record. I waited till the message about getting data at top right was gone (30 seconds) before exiting.
The recording was carried out correctly. So I then tried watching RTL and setting bbc1 to record, that also worked. I then watched bbc1 and set a recording for RTL, again that worked fine.

So it looks like recording is working correctly :) Think I just needed to be a little more patient when scheduling a recording.

So roll on F1.
Thanks everyone for your help.