Newbie Here Freesat: from Sky+HD box to smart tv

Chrisy123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fressat
My Location
Scotland
Hi,

I unboxed the new smart tv and my old Sky+HD box has two cables connected from the dish and one socket in my new tv. I plugged in one cable and the television tunes in but, the picture is not as it should be and some freesat channels missing. Tried the other cable - just the same. What do I need to do ?? Any advice appreciated. Chris

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi Chrisy123,
welcome to the forum.
Can you please tell us the make/model, of your television, and if it has a satellite tuner, or are you just connecting your Sky+ HD receiver, to the television, using a HDMI cable?
It's probably a dish alignment issue, if everything is set up correctly, or a LNB failure, which usually means you get Horizontal, or Vertical, polarity channels only.
Can you please post back with more detailed information.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Are you saying that the $ly+HD box was working perfectly with the old TV and now with the new TV the $ly+HD box isn't? Did you disconnect the cables to the dish from the box? There shouldn't have been any need to do this but if you have then you may have bent the centre wire in the plug in one or more of the cables.

Chrisy123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fressat
My Location
Scotland
Hi,

I unboxed the new smart tv and my old Sky+HD box has two cables connected from the dish and one socket in my new tv. I plugged in one cable and the television tunes in but, the picture is not as it should be and some freesat channels missing. Tried the other cable - just the same. What do I need to do ?? Any advice appreciated. Chris
========================================

Hi,

Thank you so much for your replies. I our other LG tv works great so the dish must be okay. What I ended up doing is, putting the two cables back into the Sky box and connecting it to the tv via just an hdmi cable. The picture quality did not change so I am returning the tv. Sorry to cause any inconvenience.
I think I'll just stick to this with the next replacement tv too, I've got most of my freesat channels back (via Sky hdmi channel) which is better than trying to get rid of the box.
Thx again.