FreeSat & Sky

gewilkes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky HD
My Location
plymouth
Hi Everybody:confused
Can you help Me for a mate he is trying to set up for his mother a Freesat box with the Sky dish, she has sky still up and running in one room but want's the Freesat in her bedroom.
What he get's is good Freesat but can't have Sky and FreeSat on at the same time Needs to turn off one.
He got an LMB with 4 outlets and a grundig FreeSat box With Sky Dish.
Any Help i don’t think he is far from getting it set up, have seen that you can have them both on site, but it's the set-up that we need the FreeSat has an LMB through loop.
Gerry
:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome,

You need to cable both receivers directly from the quad (4 port) LNb.

Receivers will work independently.

gewilkes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky HD
My Location
plymouth
Hi.
Ok so 4 cables to the box's 2 each then they will work together and don't have to turn one off to see the other.
Is that about it.
Thanks.
Gerry

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
If the receivers are pvr's yes. If not then only one feed each.

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
gewilkes said:
Hi.
Ok so 4 cables to the box's 2 each then they will work together and don't have to turn one off to see the other.
Is that about it.
Thanks.
Gerry
That depends on what boxs she has
if its just a standard sky box she only need one length of coax to the box
if it hd or sky + then she need two length of coax to the box

now on to the bed room
if it a standard freesat box she only need one length of coax
if it some thing like the humax with the built in hard drive she will need 3 lengths of coax to the box
because the humax with the hard drive built in needs one length for the channel you are watching and two for the hard drive as it can record two diferant channels at the same time

sibbo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Foxsat HDR
My Location
UK
aba said:
if it some thing like the humax with the built in hard drive she will need 3 lengths of coax to the box
because the humax with the hard drive built in needs one length for the channel you are watching and two for the hard drive as it can record two diferant channels at the same time

Sorry but this is incorrect. The humax only uses 2 cables in. There is third cable connector but this only of use if you wanted to pass the satellite signal to another box such as a spare sky box (2IN/1OUT).

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
sibbo said:
Sorry but this is incorrect. The humax only uses 2 cables in. There is third cable connector but this only of use if you wanted to pass the satellite signal to another box such as a spare sky box (2IN/1OUT).

sorry to have to correct you i have just fitted one and it took 3 leads one for the channel you are watching and two for recording as you can record two channels at once

even the manual say it need 3 runs of coax going in wether they have made a new model i dont know

sibbo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Foxsat HDR
My Location
UK
Don't know what manual you are looking at but the current manual definately stipulates 2 in and 1 out. _http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/new_manual/UM_FOXSATHDR_100GB_101308_low.pdf page GB11
With just two inputs you can watch a third channel as long as it is on the same transponder I believe.
You must have one of a kind every one I have come across follows this layout.