freesat +

ctarry

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat and sky
My Location
derbyshire
hi

Got my Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ HD PVR Digital Box this morning and got it setup

I set it up to record 3 things whilst i was at work:
7.30-8.00 Corrie - ITV
8.00-9.00 Waterloo Rd - BBC1
9.00 what ever it was on BBC HD

the problem is that it didn't record the first 2, but got the 3rd

The box wasn't on standby (TV was though), and the box was left on bbc HD, and recorded the 3rd programme at 9pm which was on bbc HD

I have since noticed that if i record something on channel 4, i can watch the other channels provided by 4 (more4 etc), but cannot watch others (bbc, itv, five, ect). if i try, then the message 'No or Bad signal' comes up, which is really annoying.

on this box, there is only one cable from the dish to the box

if i put a loop on from LNB 1 OUT to LNB 2 In, will it be sorted, or do i need an extra cable from the dish?

downstairs i have sky+ which is fine

thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi,

Two satellite feeds required from a twin or quad LNb.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Two feeds is the proper answer but you might find that if you put the receiver into standby then that may allow it to change its single, working tuner to the channels set in your recording schedule.

pjgregory

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax FoxSat HDR,
Prodeline 3.7m dish,
Invacom C120 Quad LNB,
50m Hirschmann KOKA 799/500 Cable,
HD Home Theater System
My Location
Montepulciano, Italy
Hi

Can you answer a related question?

I currently have two dishes and two receivers - a Pace SkyBox for Astra2D with a feed from one dish (3.7m as I live in Italy) and a GBsat using Diseq to select a double LNB for Hotbird and Astra 1 on the second, 1.2m dish.

With the FoxSat HDR box, with its two tuners, could I feed the Astra2D signal into the first tuner and the combined Astra1/Hotbird signal into the second and then select any channel from any of the three satellites? I do not have a SkySubscription as I only watch the Freeview channels on Astra 2D.

I know that I would have a problem with recording - only automatically record one channel at a time - but it would be so much easier to have one list of favourites from any of the three satellites.

PJG

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
You can combine Astra1/Horbird using a diseqc switch but to get the foxsat to recognize the switch it should be connected to tuner one. I am not sure how the receiver will react to no freesat on tuner one, but you could always put a twin or quad on your astra2 dish and add freesat to the astra1/horbird mix. This will enable you to record one program and watch another and depending on polarity to record two program's and watch a third.

You can then use the none-freesat/freesat option in the menu to switch between the two modes. If you are watching a none freesat channel and a freesat recording is about to start then the foxsat will ask if you want to change to freesat mode so it can start the recording. The foxsat also has a CI for paytv, I have my foxsat hd set up with a CAM for Dutch telly on Astra1.

One problem I have is that when the box comes out of standby there is often no satellite signal, turning it off and on again using the remote fixes this, but it means that recording is not very reliable. I have read on a couple forums than I am not the only one with this problem. I mention this as you are in Italy so like me you will not be able to take the box back and exchange it for a new one if you suffer from this problem, unless you can source one locally.

Chris

pjgregory said:
Hi

Can you answer a related question?

I currently have two dishes and two receivers - a Pace SkyBox for Astra2D with a feed from one dish (3.7m as I live in Italy) and a GBsat using Diseq to select a double LNB for Hotbird and Astra 1 on the second, 1.2m dish.

With the FoxSat HDR box, with its two tuners, could I feed the Astra2D signal into the first tuner and the combined Astra1/Hotbird signal into the second and then select any channel from any of the three satellites? I do not have a SkySubscription as I only watch the Freeview channels on Astra 2D.

I know that I would have a problem with recording - only automatically record one channel at a time - but it would be so much easier to have one list of favourites from any of the three satellites.

PJG