Frequency problems on Panasonic Freesat TV

1989exile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat satellite TV
Broadband internet
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi there Just purchased a Panasonic TX32LZD81 and I tuned in all the Freesat channels with no problems but from about 3 days ago I have not been able to receive Zone Horror or any of the channels on that frequency but when I first set it up no problems. I get a message saying "No service" but all the other channels and frequencies are fine and all the other Zone channels are still there because they broadcast from a different frequency. I tried a friends freesat box and picked it up ok. Can anyone help me out here. It does Have a LNB high band frequency indicator between 9750 to 10750 and I was wondering if I could have accidentally changed the settings and if so does anybody know the settings.

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
1989exile said:
Hi there Just purchased a Panasonic TX32LZD81 and I tuned in all the Freesat channels with no problems but from about 3 days ago I have not been able to receive Zone Horror or any of the channels on that frequency but when I first set it up no problems. I get a message saying "No service" but all the other channels and frequencies are fine and all the other Zone channels are still there because they broadcast from a different frequency. I tried a friends freesat box and picked it up ok. Can anyone help me out here. It does Have a LNB high band frequency indicator between 9750 to 10750 and I was wondering if I could have accidentally changed the settings and if so does anybody know the settings.

The most common universal LNB for Europe has LO frequencies 9750 (low band) and 10600 (high band) so look for a setting that offers '9750/10600' or more likely simply 'Universal'. If your high band setting is 10750 then all of your frequencies above 11700 will be 150 Mhz out

1989exile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat satellite TV
Broadband internet
My Location
United Kingdom
Thanks for that infirmation. You see I can tune in the frequency for Zone horror which I beleive is 12261 horizontal and I get the banner with the Channel name and the programme content but just no broadcast. My LNB frequency setting is now set at 9750 low band and 10600 high band but no luck. Should I just keep changing LNB frequencies between 9750 and 10600 high band to see if I get any joy. Also on the same broadcast frequency is clubland which is on the Freesat EPG but this channel is the same yet all other broadcast frequencies are just fine. Does anybody know if there is a universal LNB frequency band?

UK Sat Online

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Hd
2mb sometimes works broadband but most of the time is faulty
1.2metre dish with technomate 6800 sitting in shed will go up a some point
My Location
wirral
could be an allignment issue or failing lnb

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
1989exile said:
Thanks for that infirmation. You see I can tune in the frequency for Zone horror which I beleive is 12261 horizontal and I get the banner with the Channel name and the programme content but just no broadcast.

Just checked on Flysat and Zone Horror is on 11261 H not 12261 H so is low band.

1989exile said:
My LNB frequency setting is now set at 9750 low band and 10600 high band but no luck. Should I just keep changing LNB frequencies between 9750 and 10600 high band to see if I get any joy.

No, just leave it at 9750/10600 and make sure 22Khz tone switching is set to on. Normally an antenna setting of 'Universal' does both of these automatically.

1989exile said:
Also on the same broadcast frequency is clubland which is on the Freesat EPG but this channel is the same yet all other broadcast frequencies are just fine.

Again according to Flysat, Clubland is on 11222 H so not the same as Zone Horror.

1989exile said:
Does anybody know if there is a universal LNB frequency band?

No sure what you mean by that. Universal LNBs cover 2 bands, 10700 - 11700 (low band) and 11700 - 12750 (high band). The receiver switches band via a 22Khz tone that it applies to frequency selections above 11700. This is because most receivers have a tuning range limitation of 1200Mhz (typically 950Mhz - 2150Mhz). The local oscillator (LO) then converts each frequency to the format that we recognise. For example 11261 H is using the tuner frequency 1511Mhz and the low band LO adds 9750Mhz to give the end result 11261.

Edit: - just re-read your original post about trying a friend's box so rules out alignment or faulty LNB. Is there an option to do a factory reset on the TV ? This would likely fix the problem if you have messed up the LNB settings.

1989exile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat satellite TV
Broadband internet
My Location
United Kingdom
I have tried factory reset on the TV but and the LNB frequencies go back to 9750 for low band and 10600 for High band but stil to no aveil so why is it only one broadcast frequecy affeced by this. I have had the dish system for many years could the coax be the problem or should I contact Panasonic. When I first tuned the TV I had no problems got Zone horror but about a week later this No Service message and all the other channels on that frequency too. showing the same message

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
I installed new zone 2 dish other day for a customer with pana freesat tv dont know model but big screen suffered exactly same prob as you in came up "no service" on tv but ok and showing pic on Promax and technomate from back of van,transponder was showing correct power and readings all other channels all ok tried three different lnbs all the same result he has now contacted tv supplier to report fault

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD
My Location
plymouth
I have the Panasonic TH-42PZ81 and have same problem Zone Horror No Service for the past few days,i have contacted Panasonic and they assure me the matter is being looked into by their technical departement, and will telephone me when they have sorted it,it is a known fault but at present they dont know what is causing it,i expect there will be a delay sorting it as they are closed for easter,so dont go adjusting dishes etc.i will put answer here when i hear from Panasonic.

1989exile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat satellite TV
Broadband internet
My Location
United Kingdom
Thanks for that information michael I have also contacted panasonic and they said they don't know for sure but they believe the sets may need a software update and will make it available as soon as possible. Lets see what happens. Let me know Michael. But you are right it may take a few days because of easter. I assume if there is to be a soft ware update it will come through the TV. I will give it a few days and if no luck I will contact them again and won't be fobbed off with any cock and bull story and will insist on action being taken.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD
My Location
plymouth
Panasonic told me the same about a Firmware update but i cant see it as my Firmware updated approx 3 weeks ago it is now 1616-10100 and have been watching Zone Horror since that,the problem only occured 3 to 5 days ago,like you i wont be fobbed off after Easter i will demand action,it is a Panasonic problem as ive tried a Fortect Star box ok on that,also my freind tried a Humax Box also ok on that.
I will keep this thread updated as soon as i hear something from Panasonic,also forgot to mention i phoned up my local Panasonic Centre where i purchased the TV,they tried and no Zone Horror on their TVs in the Shop either,Panasonic also told me it could be something to do with the Channel name being changed from The Horror Channel to Zone Horror,but i cant see that either as this was done some time back and has been ok up untill the past few days,at the end of the day i dont think they know what the problem is at present,but they will sort it out i hope.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It does sound suspiciously like a change in the transponder data that is causing the trouble, but it is odd it is only affecting Freesat TVs of one brand.

Anyway, if they fix it within the week, chances are you will see the same films when you next look at Zone Horror.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Confirmed, two customers are having issues on this transponder with their Freesat TV's, two others with Alba SD and FortecStar Passion receivers are seeing all channels.

1989exile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat satellite TV
Broadband internet
My Location
United Kingdom
Thanks for that information Channel Hopper, I thought a first perhaps it was because of a change in transponder or frequency but that would affect all Freesat boxes too surely. So it must be a firmware problem with panasonic. Could it be these TVs are fitted with a batch of faulty tuners or wouldn't we be able to receive any channels if it was faulty tuners , does anyone know?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
There were some early issues with tuner quality, but this would be the cause of Freesat TVs dropping one bouquet suddenly a week ago.

This is not the only time in this month when things have gone wrong, check the SkyHD EPG threads, Maybe the two are in some way related.

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Falkirk
I've done some digging and it looks like the change that has knocked out some Panny Freesat sets is a change of Transport Stream ID. I checked one of my old DVB Viewer channel lists (dated 28/03/09) and 11222H had a TSID of 2301 and 11261H had a TSID of 2311. A new scan of both frequencies shows that these TSIDs have now swapped over, i.e. 11222H is now 2311 and 11261H is now 2301.

It's not unreasonable to expect that a platform specific setup such as a Fressat box / TV should pick up these changes seemlessly but it appears not to be the case with these Panny sets. If any of you guys are in touch with Panasonic over this issue it might be worth giving them this info. Should be easy to resolve with a FW update I would have thought.

1989exile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat satellite TV
Broadband internet
My Location
United Kingdom
Thanks for that info Ratchet I wasn't aware of this I will be phoning panasonic on Tuesday let know this info. So this change would blank the picture would it? Because I can tune into the two frequencies and the programme banner displays the Channel name and programme just no picture. And all the available channels on the two frequencies are doing the same. Some of the Channels Are Zone Horror, on the Freesat EPG , Zone Horror +1 , also on the freesat EPG, Clubland , on the Freesat EPG and Rockworld not on the Freesat EPG, and others Too.

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Falkirk
1989exile said:
Thanks for that info Ratchet I wasn't aware of this I will be phoning panasonic on Tuesday let know this info. So this change would blank the picture would it? Because I can tune into the two frequencies and the programme banner displays the Channel name and programme just no picture. And all the available channels on the two frequencies are doing the same. Some of the Channels Are Zone Horror, on the Freesat EPG , Zone Horror +1 , also on the freesat EPG, Clubland , on the Freesat EPG and Rockworld not on the Freesat EPG, and others Too.

I think the EPG banner data is comimg from a central frequency (11428 H for Freesat) so would be unaffected by the change. All the channels you mention are on these 2 frequencies and, according to King Of Sat, the change took place on 6th April - does this tie in with your timing ?

_http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.5E.php

This sort of thing can cause problems for some Sky boxes but a reboot usually cures it. A recent example was the change of frequency for Five, Fiver etc., several people lost their pictures until they rebooted their Sky boxes.

1989exile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat satellite TV
Broadband internet
My Location
United Kingdom
I think you hit the nail on the head here Ratchet. I would say it started on about 6 or 7 April and the fact that these two frequencies have swaped TSIDs would explain why two frequencies are affected. I will inform Panasonic on tuesday. Nice one Ratchet. And how long would it take for them to update the firmware once they've discovered the problem. And would I do this on the TV , like a message saying update available, or would I have an email with a link to download via ethernet or USB ?

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Falkirk
1989exile said:
I think you hit the nail on the head here Ratchet. I would say it started on about 6 or 7 April and the fact that these two frequencies have swaped TSIDs would explain why two frequencies are affected. I will inform Panasonic on tuesday. Nice one Ratchet. And how long would it take for them to update the firmware once they've discovered the problem. And would I do this on the TV , like a message saying update available, or would I have an email with a link to download via ethernet or USB ?

I would have thought that an over the air update would be used to cure this problem. This is a common method for satellite and Freeview box manufacturers to update software and is usually transparent to the end user. Have a look through the TV menus to see if it is possible to search for available updates.

My guess is that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix (surely the Panny Engineers aren't still in the lab scratching their heads over this:confused). Once the Easter holidays are over I'm sure there will be an OTA software fix.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD
My Location
plymouth
Regarding an update when its available the TV will do this in standby,or you can force one go into your Setup Menu scroll to System Update select System Update Search Now if one is available it will update,phoned up Panasonic this morning 9 oclock they still havnt found a problem,but have assured me they will phone me up when the problem has been resolved as soon as i hear something i will put an update on this thread.