FTA Satellite TV

bella

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Satellite TV
My Location
Australia
I have a big problem with my firmware on my GS-1590 Digital Satellite Receiver. It uses a Fugitsu processor. I was trying to download a softcam software with a file extension .DLD. It accepted it but then it did not reboot and got stuck. I tried to reload the original software but it is stuck. Al I am getting om my screen is :

Please reset STB. Waiting for sign from "Boot loader" =>

Everything is frozen. I cannot use my STB . It does not reboot.

Specs are:
H/W Ver: CAS-352033
S/W Ver: CASSM3X-V5.2
Loader Info. FTA-BL-V2.0
UPDATE date: Sep 6 2005 ( I got this information before the system collapsed)

I need your help and also if there is an updated upgrade for the firmware, please supply.

Regards

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Bella

It sounds as if you have either loaded some incorrect software, have fried something during the upgrade process or have a damaged bootloader. It is too late to advise you not to try flashing unless you are very experienced so I suspect your only possible thing is to jtag your stb or find someone local to you who can do this for you. As you are in Australia I suspect a forum closer to home may be more useful for you as we are based generally in UK/Europe. I have had a look based upon the information given and the nearest I can get your stb down to is one from this page. Jtag instructions vary from model to model manufacturere to manufacturer so I can give you no information re jtag.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
A forced download might work, no harm in trying I suppose.

Start the loader with the receiver turned off at the mains, then turn it on once the download program has been started.

Robbo:)

bella

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Satellite TV
My Location
Australia
Robbo71 said:
A forced download might work, no harm in trying I suppose.

Start the loader with the receiver turned off at the mains, then turn it on once the download program has been started.

Robbo:)

Hi,

Thanks. I tried it . The boot loader is not loading the software. or the flash or chip processor is not responding to the boot loader.

What can I do ? How can I check my flash memory in the receiver?

Thks.